• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee signage materials

And with paper punch and washer head screw, you don't have any problem? I would think water would also find its way.

Oops, I forgot something :doh: ...I trim a little over 1/4 inch off each side of my sign and center it in the laminating pouch before laminating it. This gives me an area along each side which can be punched through without any risk of water getting to the printed part.

Really, you would only have to trim along the top and bottom edge. If you trim your sign down to 10 1/4" you will have over 1/2 an inch at the top and bottom to punch through.

Oops, I forgot something :doh: ...I trim a little over 1/4 inch off each side of my sign and center it in the laminating pouch before laminating it. This gives me an area along each side which can be punched through without any risk of water getting to the printed part.

Really, you would only have to trim along the top and bottom edge. If you trim your sign down to 10 1/4" you will have over 1/2 an inch at the top and bottom to punch through.

I was thinking along the same lines. But just popping an oversized (washer-sized?) hole prior to laminating and then punching a hole through that area. Then add a neoprene sealing washer(w) between screw head(I--) and sign(s), and sign and board(b).

I-- w - s - w -->b

I was thinking along the same lines. But just popping an oversized (washer-sized?) hole prior to laminating and then punching a hole through that area. Then add a neoprene sealing washer(w) between screw head(I--) and sign(s), and sign and board(b).

I-- w - s - w -->b

You are way overcomplicating this.
The 2 halves of the laminating pouch will bond/melt together during the laminating process. Just laminate your sign and punch holes in the corners after it cools.

You are way overcomplicating this.
The 2 halves of the laminating pouch will bond/melt together during the laminating process. Just laminate your sign and punch holes in the corners after it cools.

😁I am aware of my tendency to wayyyyyyy over engineer things. But all that will definitely give much protection, and allow for even more "feature creep." 😁😉

Thanx ! English is not my first language and I'm french so I don't understand inches but I think I get it. :)

Basically, you make small holes in the lamintating pouch before laminating it. So water can't go inside those holes and you have space to use head screws.

Did I get it? :eek:

Thanx ! English is not my first language and I'm french so I don't understand inches but I think I get it. :)

Basically, you make small holes in the lamintating pouch before laminating it. So water can't go inside those holes and you have space to use head screws.

Did I get it? :eek:

I punch the holes after I run it through the laminator.
The laminating process will melt/seal the plastic together so that punching holes through it doesn't cause any leakage.
As I said previously, make sure you trim your sign down a little so you are punching through plastic only.
If you trim 12-15mm off the top and bottom of your sign, this will give you plenty of room to punch through without hitting your paper sign.

I punch the holes after I run it through the laminator.
The laminating process will melt/seal the plastic together so that punching holes through it doesn't cause any leakage.
As I said previously, make sure you trim your sign down a little so you are punching through plastic only.
If you trim 12-15mm off the top and bottom of your sign, this will give you plenty of room to punch through without hitting your paper sign.

Like this:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 14
Ok I get it !
That makes sense. Thank you for your help, I will try this. Cheap teesigns, nice!

Saw this at Keller/Shepard Park (Deerfield, IL). It wasn't a bad option, and I assume it's fairly vandal-resistant.
gzlQqaZ.jpg

Very, very cool however the OP was looking for an affordable sign. I bet these are very, very expensive.

Very, very cool however the OP was looking for an affordable sign. I bet these are very, very expensive.

If the tee boxes are not made yet AND they are going to be concrete, the OP could "scratch" the information into the tee. But again, it would have to be accurate and would be a huge expense to change.

If you are worried about 4x4 posts, get some end caps to stop water from getting in the top cut.