• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thanksgiving Day! Anyone playing today?

I achieve my goal of stuffing myself with turkey and cranberries yesterday, to the point that I felt like I was going to burst. I had hoped to get out today, but it's 10F windchill and 35mph gusts today. Not sure I'm up for that today, I'll hope tmrw's less windy!

I achieve my goal of stuffing myself with turkey and cranberries yesterday, to the point that I felt like I was going to burst. I had hoped to get out today, but it's 10F windchill and 35mph gusts today. Not sure I'm up for that today, I'll hope tmrw's less windy!

Gotta move down south my friend. Right now its 74, and cloudy, and supposed to be 66 and sunny tomorrow. I can't wait

Gotta move down south my friend. Right now its 74, and cloudy, and supposed to be 66 and sunny tomorrow. I can't wait

The sad part is that I lived in Wilmington, NC for 5 years before coming back up here, (born and raised in Minnesota). I didn't discover this sport until I got up here. In NC, I could have thrown year round without freezing my tush. Although, I believe there are more courses around me here than there are in that area. We have been spoiled here so far this winter, it was 60 three days this last week. That is over though I believe.

The sad part is that I lived in Wilmington, NC for 5 years before coming back up here, (born and raised in Minnesota). I didn't discover this sport until I got up here. In NC, I could have thrown year round without freezing my tush. Although, I believe there are more courses around me here than there are in that area. We have been spoiled here so far this winter, it was 60 three days this last week. That is over though I believe.

a classic struggle between great weather versus abundance of courses. The only really close course to wilmington is castle hayne, awesome as it is it is not a diverse course.

a classic struggle between great weather versus abundance of courses. The only really close course to wilmington is castle hayne, awesome as it is it is not a diverse course.

I played one round there this summer, while visiting my friend down in Wilmington. I lost 2 discs in the narrow, but deep, black water gullies. Forget which holes, one was a dogleg left, and my disc took a bad roll on the off camber slope,I heard plunk, and saw the ripples in the water. We found a long stick, tried, but never found the disc, it was brand new and not marked. I forget the other hole, but I crossed a fairway and splash, gone. I had bought those discs just to throw with my friend, lost them, and finished the round with a frisbee. I throw rhfh, so you can probably imagine how that went. Patrick, my friend, only throws frisbees, and consistently drives 350' to 400'. I was getting maybe 100' flicking.

Just finished 4 rounds at The Brickyard. It was 18F (felt like 7F) when I started, now it's up to 24F (feels like 13F). It was still nice to be outside throwing, but I was the only soul out there, on a course that's usually fairly busy, so maybe I'm nuts!?

Every thanksgiving I bring some discs with me, and then my cousins and I go to the soccer field next to my grandma's house and throw some discs around. Easily my favorite holiday tradition.

Was out Thanksgiving morning with my wife and the dog. Played 18 holes and the weather was awesome. We were the only ones playing but it was a great time.

We have started a new tradition of at least 18 holes on Thanksgiving. All my brothers-in-law play and several of my cousins. It isn't hard to get a round in on holidays or any other family get together. This year we played 27 and had a blast.

Course Record

My home course seen the round of the year and its existence on Thanksgiving. -4 doesnt seem that impressive on a typical par 54 course, but lets just say it was hands down the craziest round of golf I have every played.. #12 at Simple Pleasures just simply doesnt get 2'd that often

Had a great holiday weekend of golf. My folks live across the street from Hilton Park in Hickory, got a round in there Thanksgiving afternoon before heading up the mountain. Played High Country in Jefferson County on Friday, Catawba Meadows and Sugaree on Saturday (brutally cold and windy round), and Yadkin County in Yadkinville on the way home Sunday morning before finishing up with a twilight round at my home course Valley Springs in Durham. All in all, a great 4 day run of golf in NC. So glad to live in a state with great and diverse courses, not to mention year round playable conditions.

I played Tom Triplett Park in Savannah (Pooler), GA. That is a nice course if anyone is in the Savannah area.

It was unusually warm in WI, it was near 60 before noon, got a few throws in, and later that night when we were leaving the gathering.. it was under 20..

what a change!