• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That one hole that...

I took a few runs at this, but I have a tendency to turn something just a tad too early and usually land in the forest on the right.

Those trees on the right can easily make it a 4 or a 5 haha.

#11 needs an ace too, hit the pin multiple times, so frustrating.

Those trees on the right can easily make it a 4 or a 5 haha.

#11 needs an ace too, hit the pin multiple times, so frustrating.

Definitely on 10 and 11. I get frustrated if those are not 2s. I know leagues and tournaments in the past have played 11 as an island hole with the drop box being the short tee. That definitely adds some challenge to that hole. I have friends who constantly clip the giant tree to the right, sometimes kicking it towards 13's basket.

As for Hole 5 again, last year I knifed a yellow Cryztal Buzzz in there that flipped a little too much and could never find it. I clearly saw it go into that patch of woods and with almost no hope of fighting through. I could not find it and the people sitting on Hole 7's tee box saw nothing come out the back side. Two years ago I nearly hit the group walking to Hole 6 because my FLX Buzzz held the line too perfectly and just kept going down that path. Also, I had a Pro Katana that turned towards the basket at the right time, but then decided to catch a gust of wind where it sailed over the hill and all the way down to the street.

Now I just want to power an Axis straight down the gut, have it hit the grass in the gap between the trees, and slide into the chips. I will take practice runs for aces, but when I am playing competitively, I am tired of the 4s and 5s on that hole.

#9 at Dunbar Park in Lake Jackson, TX

It can be aced, but it looks almost impossible

dunbarparkhole9.jpg

I have always tried to Ace this one also, but it seems so hard with such a low celing, and the trees. This is hole 12 at River Grove Park in Kingwood, Tx

Picture020.jpg

Hole 16 at Gordon Holton DGC. It's a shorty, but fairly wooded. I think I hit basket on it 3 or 4 times last season alone. I guess it's just a matter of time, but it still pisses me off.

At least you hit metal. I hit nothing but wood on that hole usually. :D

#7 at Pine cone crush.....I rarely get to play the course but I've hit about every part of that basket you can. Easy Hyzer with my zone.
6042546a_m.jpg

Also #17 at luther britt park. Shorts and longs that one is gonna be an ace hole one day. hopefully for a $350 pay day at the monthly

8ab7d621_m.jpg

0beb5a1d_m.jpg

Hole 3 at Los Olivos in Pheonix, AZ. Pretty short, less then 200 feet, straight off the tee lined with trees. Hit metal/chains so many times and one that seriously jumped out of the basket. Never aced it despite playing that hole 50+ times. Oh well.

Hole 17 at Acorn
38c6bd2c.jpg

300', 10'-15' elevation. Played the course hundreds and hundreds of times but haven't ever got one to stick. Splashed out and skipped into the cage many times.

and 5 at Acorn
4f102117.jpg

Splashed out numerous times and actually hit the number plate and sat on top of the basket from the tee once but no aces. I've seen so many dirty aces on this hole too but can't get one to stick.

Ironically I hit the basket on #17 today and had a wicked roll away :O

My blackeye at Acorn is hole #8 in the center location, I think it's like 230-240 ft. I get a deuce on it almost every time and have solid ace runs often but just never get one to stick. I wish I was sitting on a side view to see how close some of these discs in our group get.

You always get within 5 feet of acing, but never do. There's one at one of my home courses that i always either hit the top of the basket or get maybe 2 feet behind the chains, I guess it's just a matter of time before i get the ace on that hole:p Anyone else have one of these?

Yes. I thought it was going to be my first ace too. 10 years and 13 aces later.....still haven't aced it. :wall: