• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

This event isn't showing round ratings... what is the deal? With all the back and forth about correct ratings was it left off the May 15 update?

I'm sure it'll show up later today, I was hoping to see how those rounds turned out too.

A little surprised at one factor dealing with these ratings. I would have expected that Pools playing White Park & Phil Moore(two two courses I think are most affected by the infamous BG winds) on Friday (very windy) would have seen a slight ratings difference from those who played there Saturday in better scoring weather.

Looking at Phil Moore Last year a 60 was a 963 and this year a 60 was a 927. The exact same layout was played both times and both on the Friday afternoon. A 36 point drop and with more wind this year looks odd. I haven't really looked at the White Park numbers but I saw a few scores from Friday compared to Saturday and wouldn't expect them to have identical ratings. Looks like 2011 was 8.5 points per stroke and 2012 was 9.5.

Just curious.

All rounds on the same course are averaged together to do ratings unless the wind indicates more than 30 point difference in one round versus another.

Latest posts