• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I ordered 3 MJ Banger GTs; they came in today. Discraft had included some swag as well, so a big thanks to Discraft.

It was dark and rainy when I got home, but I still had to go throw one in the yard. Wow, the ESP feels so much nicer in the hand!
One may go in storage, but 2 will be throwers...maybe all 3.

Thank you MJ for having these ran.

Attachments

• 20181129_212314.jpg
    20181129_212314.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 111
I ordered 3 MJ Banger GTs; they came in today. Discraft had included some swag as well, so a big thanks to Discraft.

It was dark and rainy when I got home, but I still had to go throw one in the yard. Wow, the ESP feels so much nicer in the hand!

They really turned out well. Great to see all the pics showing up of people getting them

That purple one is :thmbup:.

Frankly, I only ordered these because they were a MJ signature disc . . . but I threw them around the yard (and my warehouse) the last three days.

Where have these been all my life? Great driving putter.

Am I crazy or is this thing an easy to throw Nova? I expected it to be a bit more stable, but I'm glad it's not . . . it holds annys and straight lines really well.

The pink-purple one is already in my bag and my son claimed the creamsicle (peach with white rim) for himself.

BTW, I think two of them were stickered as 170-172 and two as 173-174.

picture.php

Am I crazy or is this thing an easy to throw Nova? I expected it to be a bit more stable, but I'm glad it's not . . . it holds annys and straight lines really well.

^^^This. Recently tried one (x soft) second hand and feel it has very similar flight and landing to the Nova, but the release seems always clean and inspires confidence that was sometimes missing with the Nova.

Shame we can't get the ESPs in Europe!

^^^This. Recently tried one (x soft) second hand and feel it has very similar flight and landing to the Nova, but the release seems always clean and inspires confidence that was sometimes missing with the Nova.

Shame we can't get the ESPs in Europe!

I have an X Soft which is fine but I prefer the Pro D, they are also fantastic to play in the snow. I can't wait to get my new MJ ESP Bangers and I also bought a Jawbreaker one to try. I didn't like the Banger for putting at first but I played a couple of winter rounds with only a Pro D Banger and I had better results putting with it than I expected. I think it's because when my putting form is off a bit, it's harder to get a wobble free release but as far as it's on target that's the important. For upshots and drives, it's easy to get a clean release.

Last edited:
Really wanna try one of these ESP bangers now...is the discraft website the only place they're available?

Ordered 2 ESP bangers today. Fingers crossed I don't get brown. Also hopefully I like them,never thrown one before. :p I can never seem to settle on a throwing putters/putting putters and I am constantly switching.

While I wait for my ESP + Z bangers to arrive. I dusted off my jawbreaker and x-soft bangers today for field work (haven't thrown them in awhile). I forgot how slow and floaty these are! So controllable. From 200-225' these are money. Definitely going back in the bag!

Banger has finally landed! They feel nice and solid in the hand. Love the 2 tone swirls. Can't wait to throw it.

Attachments

• C68C8AD1-3864-4D8F-B0B5-B5A182E4AAB6.jpg
    C68C8AD1-3864-4D8F-B0B5-B5A182E4AAB6.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 85
  • EB9C171F-9CC6-4F37-8C8C-FD5F52447174.jpg
    EB9C171F-9CC6-4F37-8C8C-FD5F52447174.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 60
I got mines today, 3 ESP MJ Bangers and one Jawbreaker. The Jawbreaker might become my putter if I prefer it over the Pro D or my Ringer GT Jawbreaker. With the snow here, I'll probably try the darker ESP one soon!

Attachments

• IMG_20181204_124904.jpg
    IMG_20181204_124904.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20181204_124923.jpg
    IMG_20181204_124923.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20181204_124955.jpg
    IMG_20181204_124955.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 69
I got mines today, 3 ESP MJ Bangers and one Jawbreaker. The Jawbreaker might become my putter if I prefer it over the Pro D or my Ringer GT Jawbreaker. With the snow here, I'll probably try the darker ESP one soon!

Don't throw it in a mud puddle or you'll never find it. The other two look pretty nice.

These have really peaked my interest. I hope there is another run of these since the website is sold out.

McBeth's in my bag has me curious about the many Vultures I stored in totes and haven't tried yet. Too bad it gets dark so early before I get out of work.

I hope they don't do with these what they did with the LE ESP Comets some years ago. It seems they sold out right away and a year or two would go by before they did another run.

Latest posts