• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

So sorry to hear about Moo, its hard to lose a friend. Safe bet he is chasing down CE firebirds on the other side.

So MJ, I heard you described the new Proto as a Heat OS, could you give a bit more of an explanation of what that means? When I think Heat OS, I think of something between a Heat and an Undertaker, which I think would be a perfect fit in my bag.

MJ, I was asking about the history of the Zone on the Zone thread and it was suggested that it was developed for you at Worlds 2008. Would that be the first run and were there any notable, standout runs after that?

I'm not particularly liking another price increase for tour series this year. I might buy one, but it makes it a lot harder if the prices keep going up for something that typically isn't really different from stock runs (though this looks to be cryztal plastic)

Take heart, DC is raising prices on all discs this year per my local shop dude. It's not just TS discs.

Haha, I kinda didn't want to nice that but.... Everything is getting more expensive this year. I don't mind a few extra bucks ($5ish max) but some of these runs where a $20 stock disc is now $30 for an SE is a little rich. It's an indicator of the rapid growth of the sport, there's more people willing to buy it, disc scalpers and a reasonably driven collector market. I might grab one if it's not excessively expensive and in a colour/ weight I'd throw.

Also randomly reminds me of something I saw online. Guy got a warning on YouTube, he does disc testing/reviews and he was posting a video of the JC bendy TS volts...

YouTube auto filter flagged him for "TS" and sent him an automated email scolding..

Take heart, DC is raising prices on all discs this year per my local shop dude. It's not just TS discs.
It's the "beware what you wish for" factor. I used to hang out in the park throwing $7 Comets with a bunch of hippies and rednecks dreaming about disc golf becoming "big-time". Now disc golf was on CBS Sports and guess what? My Comet is $25. :\

In the end it will all be fine; I already have seven MJ Comets so I probably won't run out and I'm sure the new generation of disc golfers won't be as cheap as I am so the discs will sell. I just get to be the weird old guy at the park rambling about back in the day when discs were $7.

I'm not particularly liking another price increase for tour series this year. I might buy one, but it makes it a lot harder if the prices keep going up for something that typically isn't really different from stock runs (though this looks to be cryztal plastic)
It's listed as "Metallic Z". I went ahead and ordered some this year because the plastic looked good, the stamp looked good and it just seemed like a disc I'll throw.

So that's how they are paying for Paul's contract. If the price increase for TS means more money for the players in all for it. Wished I knew what kinda kick back the pros get for the TS.

So that's how they are paying for Paul's contract. If the price increase for TS means more money for the players in all for it. Wished I knew what kinda kick back the pros get for the TS.

This is from Discmania and not Discraft so it could be completely different, but I remember Nate Perkins saying he made $20,000 from Nightstrike sales last year. I think he said they made 5 or 10 thousand of them (I don't remember for sure) so $2-$4 a disc depending on which number was right.

It's listed as "Metallic Z". I went ahead and ordered some this year because the plastic looked good, the stamp looked good and it just seemed like a disc I'll throw.

I'll end up ordering one if I happen to find them in stock, but I won't be waiting for drops or anything. I already have too many comets that don't see the light of day unless I'm doing comet specific field work

Hey MJ, how are those 2021 Comets Flying? Looking to grab one from my local retailer tomorrow morning when they go live... Hoping they don't sell out in seconds before I can snag one!

This is from Discmania and not Discraft so it could be completely different, but I remember Nate Perkins saying he made $20,000 from Nightstrike sales last year. I think he said they made 5 or 10 thousand of them (I don't remember for sure) so $2-$4 a disc depending on which number was right.

That nightstrike is such a great disc, that thing would sell itself, but good on Nate picking a winner

Awe yeah. Gave 'er a few throw in a field today. Nice and stable, looks glorious, and will be a great addition to my cycle of comets.
It was a bit windy out there, and it held up pretty good against the wind. I don't think it's as glidey as the 2020 comets, but a bit more wind resistant and a great thrower!

Attachments

• IMG_5759 (1).jpg
    IMG_5759 (1).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 66
Do you like your Crank's domey or flat? What distance drivers are you currently carrying (besides the crank)?

Latest posts