• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Well, I'm not on the elite team this year so I don't have a tour series disc.

They need to update their team page.

You will always be elite to DGCR, MJ. I guess they can't have a patriarch, in addition to a captain, for those whippersnappers, lol. Good luck this year, man.....look forward to seeing you tear up those wood.

We are going to do some disc drops during the year

We get advanced notice right? I'm down for a few for sure, as long as I'm not stuck at work when they drop. If I miss the drop I'm sure I'll pick some up secondhand, even though I really don't need anymore Comets than the 25 I already have, of which about half are MJs.

We get advanced notice right? I'm down for a few for sure, as long as I'm not stuck at work when they drop. If I miss the drop I'm sure I'll pick some up secondhand, even though I really don't need anymore Comets than the 25 I already have, of which about half are MJs.

PM me if you're stuck at work, I'll scoop some extras if you pay for shipping:thmbup:

Congrats (?) on the Icon status! Can you tell us about what this level of support from discraft entails? Are you happy with the move? I assume there may be a few less requirements than elite team.

Congrats (?) on the Icon status! Can you tell us about what this level of support from discraft entails? Are you happy with the move? I assume there may be a few less requirements than elite team.

I am hoping they are still printing his name on some comets and maybe even bangers in the numbers you know we will buy them in and passing MJ a serious royalty check

Well, I'm not on the elite team this year so I don't have a tour series disc.

Oh man... I'm going to have to find me some 2021 Comets if there's no 2022 MJ runs. Sad to hear this!
Your 2021 MJ Comets have been my favourite so far (although I've only owned 3 years worth). What's your favourite run of your Tour Series Comets MJ?

Great win at Stafford! Hope to see some coverage.

Love it there. Recommend people check out the Stafford Open coverage from last year too. One of the premier courses in my area, nice wooded & open mix. It's understandably mobbed these days and you need to keep your head on the swivel for casual play since tourneys are increasingly popular there. Curious if the local group is pushing to escalate for bigger events.

How great has it been to watch MJ on coverage (and skins) the last few weeks? There's so much to learn from watching his throws, his course management strategy, his general calm. I love how often he turns to pick up his mini while a throw is still in the air. I saw a great example on Iron Hill day 2: I think it was the second throw on hole 1. There's nothing better than throwing and just knowing what it's gonna do..."ok, job done. Move on."

I know this is from last year, but I feel the same way. Really love the MJ buttery smooth upshots.

It finally happened!!! After about 5 years of throwing Comets, and at least 10 shots drawing metal, I finally had one hit chains and stick for the ace last night in dubs, with my dad as my partner. It was the first hole for us and I decided to go first on the tee. I had just said the hole looks more aceable since they did a bit of clean up, and said I was leaning heavily on my Comets that round. Typical flip up from a slight hyzer release and it just lasered into the basket. It was a bit high out of my hand, but I said drop, and it dropped right in.

It was hole 3 blue at Cadyville Rec Park.

Attachments

• 6251.jpg
    6251.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 49
It finally happened!!! After about 5 years of throwing Comets, and at least 10 shots drawing metal, I finally had one hit chains and stick for the ace last night in dubs, with my dad as my partner. It was the first hole for us and I decided to go first on the tee. I had just said the hole looks more aceable since they did a bit of clean up, and said I was leaning heavily on my Comets that round. Typical flip up from a slight hyzer release and it just lasered into the basket. It was a bit high out of my hand, but I said drop, and it dropped right in.

It was hole 3 blue at Cadyville Rec Park.

Pretty cool. My first ace was Orange ESP comet as well. :)