• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

just curious how many comets are currently in the new bag? watching the Azalea i think i saw at least two and then a glo disc but i think that was a buzzz? Also have you ever thought about doing a bag in the bag section on the website? I know you are super busy but i know tons of people would love to check it out .. here is the thread just incase :) http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

just curious how many comets are currently in the new bag? watching the Azalea i think i saw at least two and then a glo disc but i think that was a buzzz? Also have you ever thought about doing a bag in the bag section on the website? I know you are super busy but i know tons of people would love to check it out .. here is the thread just incase http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...splay.php?f=37

^

I could probably wager a guess...
a couple of ringers (a freshier one and last years putter)
probably 4ish Bangers (a couple of ProD's and a Z)
a Couple o Comets
a Buzzz or two
a Couple o XL's
Pred, Force, Nuke

Close?

^^ lol yeah i know pretty much what he carrys.. forgot the Surge i know he has a green z that he bombs.. im more curious about the Comets..if all elite-z

He hasn't answered, but I'm sure he will. A couple weeks ago I believe he had 2 Z Comets, one X Comet. Bangers he had one or two of the lower end plastic and at least one ESP?

just curious how many comets are currently in the new bag? watching the Azalea i think i saw at least two and then a glo disc but i think that was a buzzz? Also have you ever thought about doing a bag in the bag section on the website? I know you are super busy but i know tons of people would love to check it out .. here is the thread just incase :) http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

I keep three in the bag at all times! One x and two z. With the new bag i might put another in

MJ,

I spend a lot of time working on keeping my drives lower/flat only to play Bradford this last weekend for the Clash and needing to throw high over the cedars and pines on holes 8 and 11. I threw a beat Star TL (a bit understable but not flippy) with nose down/pull thru up the get a decent flex shot over everything but still left me a 40-50 ft putt. I don't have enough power to throw a spike hyzer 360-375 ft for these holes. Is this combo (understable/nose down/pull thru up) the best for this type of shot? Maybe a high anhyzer with something even more understable (leopard)?

No questions for MJ, but you're a rad dude and I wish the game had more players like you.

I just wanted to chime in with some Comet love. I've been throwing a Z Comet the last month or so (my first experience with Comets). The first two times I threw it were on the first two holes of my home course and I parked both. A very controllable, neutral mid.

But what amazes me about this disc is it's glide. It's more of a slow, but long float, almost like a lid, that just goes forever. Until this disc, I never knew Z/Champion/Opto plastic could glide like this (and I've thrown Opto Rivers and Saints). It's amazing; I heard Cam Todd say in an interview once, Comets "are like a frisbee and a disc all in one" and I didn't understand what he meant... Now I do!

MJ,

I spend a lot of time working on keeping my drives lower/flat only to play Bradford this last weekend for the Clash and needing to throw high over the cedars and pines on holes 8 and 11. I threw a beat Star TL (a bit understable but not flippy) with nose down/pull thru up the get a decent flex shot over everything but still left me a 40-50 ft putt. I don't have enough power to throw a spike hyzer 360-375 ft for these holes. Is this combo (understable/nose down/pull thru up) the best for this type of shot? Maybe a high anhyzer with something even more understable (leopard)?

At Bradford, I too throw those shots with an understable disc. #8 short I throw a TB beat to tl status and on #11 I throw an understable destroyer. I throw out to the right with hyzet and let the disc stand up and then fall back to the basket. Also, #11 plays longer than it looks, its a rip to get onto that upslope where the basket is.

No questions for MJ, but you're a rad dude and I wish the game had more players like you.

I just wanted to chime in with some Comet love. I've been throwing a Z Comet the last month or so (my first experience with Comets). The first two times I threw it were on the first two holes of my home course and I parked both. A very controllable, neutral mid.

But what amazes me about this disc is it's glide. It's more of a slow, but long float, almost like a lid, that just goes forever. Until this disc, I never knew Z/Champion/Opto plastic could glide like this (and I've thrown Opto Rivers and Saints). It's amazing; I heard Cam Todd say in an interview once, Comets "are like a frisbee and a disc all in one" and I didn't understand what he meant... Now I do!
Nice! Glad to have a convert to the love of the comet

For some reason, I can't send you a pm, so i'll ask you here:

Would you like to play a round at Hornet's Nest tomorrow? The weather is supposed to be nice, and I would love to play a round. I like to play in the later morning (around 10:30 or 11:00) before the course gets too crowded if that works for you.

I would love to see you tear the course up.

What happened here? What were you throwing? Amazing way to scramble back on the hole!

That was a long time ago. Like 04, pretty sure i was just going for a hyzer dump shot thru the gap. Didnt do that well, but the rest of the hole saved it

Latest posts