• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I'm guessing he uses Heats for rollers and Undertakers for forehand? I'm also guessing he backhands those molds when the shot calls for it. These were my guesses watching the PFDO coverage. All guesses if I haven't made myself clear enough.

I know I counted at least 3 Comets: green Ti, Z glow, and at least one of the MJ signature Z (pink and maybe another?)

Then the pink Ringer (with which you were killing it. Great putting MJ!)

Throw in Mantis, purple Banger GT, red Z Crank... what am I missing?

I believe there was an undertaker in there somewhere.

Yes, MJ, watching you play Moraine on Jomez has been awesome. They asked a good question: have you ever missed seeing an ace because you turned around?

I don't think that I have ever missed one, unless it's a blind shot

I know I counted at least 3 Comets: green Ti, Z glow, and at least one of the MJ signature Z (pink and maybe another?)

Then the pink Ringer (with which you were killing it. Great putting MJ!)

Throw in Mantis, purple Banger GT, red Z Crank... what am I missing?

Getting pretty close there on it lol. Just add in a machete, force, undertaker and a few more bangers

I'm guessing he uses Heats for rollers and Undertakers for forehand? I'm also guessing he backhands those molds when the shot calls for it. These were my guesses watching the PFDO coverage. All guesses if I haven't made myself clear enough.
All my rollers this last week were with a mantis. That was the main driver I was using on most of the wooded shots

You are using the Upper Park shift bag right? A lot of other bags hold a few more discs, do you prefer carrying less? Or is it more a matter of size and comfort?

You are using the Upper Park shift bag right? A lot of other bags hold a few more discs, do you prefer carrying less? Or is it more a matter of size and comfort?

It's a lot about comfort, but I have never really carried a lot of discs. When I did, it was usually to just keep the bag full enough that I could sit on it

So did the machete replace the predator for you? Are you tossing any barham cranks or the new punisher?

The machete has completely taken the order out of the bag for me. Have not had the chance to mess with Tim's new cranks, but have started working with the punisher some

Gotta say, it was impressive watching you shred Shaver Park at the Titan Open here in Cedar Rapids a few weeks ago. I was glad to see the Comet clinic you put on out there while setting a new course record.

What scenarios do you choose the Banger over the Ringer or vice versa?

(great job at the PFDO, way to rep the NC)

I always throw the banger and I always putt with the ringer. No changes

Oh I didn't realize that. I've often heard the Ringer throws well and assumed you drove some with yours. :eek:

I love the machete! But I don't see how it could replace the predator. Way more stable. Love it for thumbers, huge skips and flick rollers but it doesn't go far. The predator on the other hand is an amazing thrower. Really get some good stable distance.