• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Yea, I think they are finally going to make me do one

May I ask why pros seem to dislike doing in the bags so much? They don't seem like that much work and I feel like they help move a lot of discs as people like to copy what the pros are throwing. I'd love to see one at the start, end, and somewhere of the middle of the season from all of you tour guys.

May I ask why pros seem to dislike doing in the bags so much? They don't seem like that much work and I feel like they help move a lot of discs as people like to copy what the pros are throwing. I'd love to see one at the start, end, and somewhere of the middle of the season from all of you tour guys.

I'm not sure why other people dont do them, but I just never understood the want to know exactly what's in my bag and it's not like my bag changes that much. Plus it's hard to explain what all I end up using discs for, because so many of them get used for all sorts of shot. Actually most of them get used for almost all shots at some point in time, just done at different speeds, spins or power. So it ends up being an hour long in the bag

I'm not sure why other people dont do them, but I just never understood the want to know exactly what's in my bag and it's not like my bag changes that much. Plus it's hard to explain what all I end up using discs for, because so many of them get used for all sorts of shot. Actually most of them get used for almost all shots at some point in time, just done at different speeds, spins or power. So it ends up being an hour long in the bag

Maybe just stick to the staples that most of us know and have seen you throw in coverage and briefly touch on newer molds and utility discs?

Dave Feldberg's most recent In The Bag (Trunk), for his mixed bag in 2019 covered like 50+ discs and came in at 23 minutes.

As someone who loves in the bags, here is my reasoning. I see a disc I want to throw but don't have the arm speed for or have the proper form for. You being a seasoned pro, throw the same disc. I would want to see what that disc is capable of in your hands and what I should be working toward. Too many times people throw discs way above their level. I try not to do that but still want to see how that disc can be manipulated and what goes through your mind with that disc in particular. Just my .02, plus when someone like jomez does in the bags they are just so well polished and entertaining. On the flip side of that, you throw a disc and I throw the same disc but again I can't see the full potential of the disc in my hands because I'm not a pro, definitely goes both ways. In the bags get a lot of views and can help you sell more discs to find your tour as well imo.

Just throw in a dozen Comets and have fun with it. "First disc I want to tell you about is this Z Comet, I use it for any shot...Second disc is, this Esp Comet, I use it when the time is right......." then go fast over a couple of discs at the end. " I throw these when not throwing a Comet." Then a cheesy smile at the camera..

Seriously, I enjoy the in the bags as a way to get to know a player. Not like I hear you, for instance, interviewed a lot on podcasts. Your bag may not have changed much but I look forward to your insight.

Oh, nevermind, you would have had to be a child prodigy to play Laurel Springs...

Hey MJ. I know you are with Upper Park bags. And have seen tourney footage of you carrying the shift. Im going back and forth on that one right now. When you carry that bag. How many discs are you able to carry? And roughly what distribution (x mids, x drivers, etc)? Thanks ahead of time!

Hey MJ. I know you are with Upper Park bags. And have seen tourney footage of you carrying the shift. Im going back and forth on that one right now. When you carry that bag. How many discs are you able to carry? And roughly what distribution (x mids, x drivers, etc)? Thanks ahead of time!

I love that bag!! I generally carry between 16-20 discs in my bag. 6 putters, 4 mids, and 6-8 drivers(fairways and long range)

I love that bag!! I generally carry between 16-20 discs in my bag. 6 putters, 4 mids, and 6-8 drivers(fairways and long range)

Awesome! Thank you for the reply. Good enough for me. I think I just found my disc golf bag.

Okay, Google...

attachment.php

I was expecting to find something more like "esteemed Comet artist," and instead I find out you are a Danish soccer star. Nice! Just too bad you missed out on playing in the Olympics back in '92.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217-195242_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200217-195242_Chrome.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 267
Okay, Google...

attachment.php

I was expecting to find something more like "esteemed Comet artist," and instead I find out you are a Danish soccer star. Nice! Just too bad you missed out on playing in the Olympics back in '92.

This one always makes me laugh. Can I get the money from when I played soccer in the Danish leagues?

Latest posts