• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the best way to clear undergrowth on a course?

After reading this article, the first thing that comes to mind (locally) is the course on Belle Isle in Detroit.

I'm not sure what is preventing them from opening the course since they installed baskets, but I know they were concered about how to manage the vast amounts of overgrowth, and invasive plants.

Paying landscapers is not a very budget friendly option, but if they could utilize something like this to clear out a majority of the overgrowth at the beginning and end of the season, and use landscapers to add the final touches like cutting fairways, they might be able to lower the cost of maintaining the land.

After reading this article, the first thing that comes to mind (locally) is the course on Belle Isle in Detroit.

I'm not sure what is preventing them from opening the course since they installed baskets, but I know they were concered about how to manage the vast amounts of overgrowth, and invasive plants.

Paying landscapers is not a very budget friendly option, but if they could utilize something like this to clear out a majority of the overgrowth at the beginning and end of the season, and use landscapers to add the final touches like cutting fairways, they might be able to lower the cost of maintaining the land.

I can shed some light flip. The city, who currently still owns and operates the island/park, is the agency making decisions. The disc golf course resides on the remnents of the old Belle Isle ball golf course, hence the fenced in property. Once the ball golf course closed years ago, the city placed, the fenced in property, into a nonactive status. This apparently allows them to pay no insurance and such on that part of the land. To allow public access for the disc golf course that status would have to be changed, something the city can, obviously, ill afford. That is why it is not advisable to hop the fence to play, you very well could end up in trouble with the popo. The group responsible for the installation has been working very closely with the city. The new emergency manager has made it very clear, he is going to pursue the lease of the island, to the state, for making it a state park. This would once again delay and put the future of this course up in the air. Having played the course, it is stunning and would be the crown jewel in Southeastern Michigan golf.

There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.

Ditto Ru4por's sentiments about the Belle Isle course - it'd be one of the nicest courses in the area if it could be properly maintained.

A couple of WEEKS?? Wow. The longest I've been bothered by poison ivy is about 5 minutes.

Maybe there actually is a good side to having eczema on my legs. They already permanently itch.

Consider yourself lucky? :\ Poison Ivy typically takes about two weeks to run it's course.