• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Correct Innova Tern Jolly Launcher and Mold Info

I only throw my vulcan for low hyzer flips, low tunnel straight shots, tailwind max d, and big right turn (RHBH) shots. The extra glide of the Tern could be helpful for those types of shots. Not used often, but still could be a little more versatile than the vulcan, it does seem to drop a bit quick.

Wow, I could never do much with the Vulcan on lower shots, but that was when I was playing for maybe a year and change, so probably I simply COULDN'T throw ANYTHING level, lol.

Unless you're really adverse to buying plastic for experimental purposes, I sat try out a Tern. It may work for some of the same shots as the Vulc, but it's a different animal, I think you'll find.

The new Champion Vulcans are awesome for flat shots. not as much turn as a Star Vulcan or Champion Tern. More of a power disc for people who have issues flipping the Tern a little too much.

I just checked with Innova - the BG CFR tern was from the same batch as the Christmas tern (the first batch). We had them in December as well

I just picked up a proto star pink, has a gold/black stamp....kinda like smoke pattern on top of gold. It looks and feels sweet!

have NOT thrown it yet....

Attachments

• tern.jpg
    tern.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 60
The new Champion Vulcans are awesome for flat shots. not as much turn as a Star Vulcan or Champion Tern. More of a power disc for people who have issues flipping the Tern a little too much.

Do the new production Champion Vulcans have the same jolly plastic as the Terns?

I got a production run Tern and it really is a nice disc! Like people say its a smooth Max D disc with a lot of glide. But it didn't replace my Vulcan for my Max D/Tailwind bombs. I would say the Tern has a spot because it doesn't get moved around in crosswinds as much as the star Vulcan, but the champ Vulcan was all I needed haha. So it'll stay in for now to throw on second shots, but my Vulcans just bomb to far when the wind is right.

I must say my new 168 production tern is out distancing my 171 protostar worn star destroyer. Wow does this thing go far. Every time I think it is going to drop out of the sky it's like it hits another gear. Thrown flat with some height both discs enter a nice glidey high speed turn but the destroyer drops a lot faster in the lss portion. In a hyzer flip the tern is just amazing.

I know there is another thread. This Thread contains the correct info regarding the Innova Champion Tern

This Information is directly from Innova.

The only Terns with the -4 HSS rating is the Christmas Tern and the Metal Flake Innova Factory store Tern

The Champion Protostar Tern, CFR Tern and Stock stamped Tern all are from the exact same mold and have -2 HSS

Every Tern Made in Champion plastic was made using the Jolly Launcher Material.

So there are 2 different runs of terns with a different HSS rating? Awesome.

Yeah I'm usually an Innova apologist but that's kind of ridiculous.

I'm losing patience with innova. 78(i believe) current molds 14 potential plastics and infinite flight outcomes. maybe they need to scale down a bit. It would be nice to be able to replace/add a disc with one that is remotely similar .

Last edited:
I'm losing patience with innova. 78(i believe) current molds 14 potential plastics and infinite flight outcomes. maybe they need to scale down a bit. It would be nice to be able to replace/add a disc with one that is remotely similar .

My favorite example is bubble top pro katana(one of the flippiest discs i have ever throw) vs flatop champ katana( very reminiscent of a discraft flick) how can they go so wrong.

They are advertising the Worlds Star Terns as -4, like the Glitter Terns.

I know there is another thread. This Thread contains the correct info regarding the Innova Champion Tern

This Information is directly from Innova.

The only Terns with the -4 HSS rating is the Christmas Tern and the Metal Flake Innova Factory store Tern

The Champion Protostar Tern, CFR Tern and Stock stamped Tern all are from the exact same mold and have -2 HSS

Every Tern Made in Champion plastic was made using the Jolly Launcher Material.

The innova website claims a -3 hss on the turn. But for the most part the champion turns are -2 hss
And the star plastic turns have a -4hss

The innova website claims a -3 hss on the turn. But for the most part the champion turns are -2 hss
And the star plastic turns have a -4hss

The Champion Terns are -2 turn.

My Star Tern has the -4 turn designation, but after that run Innova started printing -3 turn on the Star Terns after getting feedback about it.

They've also changed flight numbers on other discs (such as the Boss) based upon feedback.