• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Cubic Zirconia Club

I let myself in, perk of the diamond club ;)
Little Rascals Reaction GIF

How we all would like to be in Jaymon1 shoes. he has the uniques, but last i I saw he was less than 60 anybody votes away from diamond.

For those who care, I'm changing my screen name. First, because I finally figured out how to, and secondly because I have become inundated with spam because my profile name is my e-mail address.
Is this cause you caught me bashing Lone Star on Facebook? 😜

For those who care, I'm changing my screen name. First, because I finally figured out how to, and secondly because I have become inundated with spam because my profile name is my e-mail address.
I may too change my screen name because, I'm also getting bombarded by spam email in the past month. I'll have to figure out exactly what that will be so I'm at least recognizable

Is this cause you caught me bashing Lone Star on Facebook? 😜
Nah, everyone is free to their opinion, even if they are wrong. :ROFLMAO: Kidding. I just prefer that all relevant and factual information be presented and allow people to decide for themselves from there. Those of us old enough to remember Walter Cronkite do the news remembers his lack of political, personal, or corporate slant when delivering the news. He told you what happened and allowed the viewer to decide for themselves how to feel about it. I bash Innova constantly, more for fun and to rile up some of my diehard Innova simps I play with, but I honestly have nothing against them, I just don't prefer them. It's all fun and games to me. But I hate false information.

Nah, everyone is free to their opinion, even if they are wrong. :ROFLMAO: Kidding. I just prefer that all relevant and factual information be presented and allow people to decide for themselves from there. Those of us old enough to remember Walter Cronkite do the news remembers his lack of political, personal, or corporate slant when delivering the news. He told you what happened and allowed the viewer to decide for themselves how to feel about it. I bash Innova constantly, more for fun and to rile up some of my diehard Innova simps I play with, but I honestly have nothing against them, I just don't prefer them. It's all fun and games to me. But I hate false information.
If only the "news" was still like that. World would... well, probably be the same but at least people wouldn't be demonized for watching CNN/FOX.

I do like my Innova molds (Wraith, Eagle, Invader) but they're not a company I look at to fill holes. I turn to Discraft and MVP mostly. I have thrown some friends' Warbird, Harrier, and Brazos. Tbh I almost bought a Brazos to try against my Eagle, but in the end I couldn't get enough consistency with any of them to warrant a purchase. That's probably a me thing more than any. I'm picky.

If only the "news" was still like that. World would... well, probably be the same but at least people wouldn't be demonized for watching CNN/FOX.

I do like my Innova molds (Wraith, Eagle, Invader) but they're not a company I look at to fill holes. I turn to Discraft and MVP mostly. I have thrown some friends' Warbird, Harrier, and Brazos. Tbh I almost bought a Brazos to try against my Eagle, but in the end I couldn't get enough consistency with any of them to warrant a purchase. That's probably a me thing more than any. I'm picky.
Lone Star is obviously a very new company that is learning (and innovating) as they go. Trying out all sorts of plastic combinations and rim profiles. I'm still not happy with their distance driver selection (outside of the Bayonet which is fantastic and doesn't fly like the flight numbers for me at all). The Frio is probably the best 7 speed fairway I've come across. Laser straight, workable, and (Bravo plastic) is probably the most durable blend I've ran into so far. I will hype up the Texas Ranger as well, much like the Frio in mid range version, and incredible glide, rim shape isn't for everyone though, shallower than a Buzz but with more HSS out of the hand. They have hit or miss discs, but I love the company, their staff, their vision and their goals. I'll support any company who supports juniors the way they do, paying their entry fees for all their tournaments, making sure they have everything they need, fast and above and beyond customer service. I'd buy some of their plastic and never even throw it to support that cause. They, however, are still very wet behind the ears in terms of managing players (and egos), but they've done a pretty good job with Nikko so far, and that surprised me.

Despite only writing one review in 2023, @KenanFlagler01 is now just 2 uniques away from Diamond. Seems to be picking up those "royalties" type uniques on old reviews faster than I can get them on new ones!

I've got a long way to go for Diamond, but when I get it, it will actually be kind of bittersweet. The CZ club comprises many of the most active members of the site and it will kind of be a shame to graduate... but I'm still going to try :) .

Despite only writing one review in 2023, @KenanFlagler01 is now just 2 uniques away from Diamond. Seems to be picking up those "royalties" type uniques on old reviews faster than I can get them on new ones!

I've got a long way to go for Diamond, but when I get it, it will actually be kind of bittersweet. The CZ club comprises many of the most active members of the site and it will kind of be a shame to graduate... but I'm still going to try :) .
I'm intrigued to see how the updated site (and any updates it gets overtime) will effect collecting unique votes. My hypothesis is that having the count available for everyone to see on a person's page will lead to more uniques than when we didn't have that information available. At the same time, it seems like the new reviews list may be having mixed effects overall on total votes. I love that we can go back to see up to 200 recent reviews, but I think only haveing 5 on the main page is stifling those counts a bit. Not the worst issue in the world necessarily, but sitting on 11 thumbs for a review of The Canyons is a tad lower than I expected to be at after 4 days. I think the benefits will definitely outweight the cons though!

I hope to see you and everyone else graduate at some point. Just gotta review and then let them simmer.

By the way, if you want voter envy and haven't looked yet, Sir Valkyrie Kid has 1,218 unique voters. Only about 60 folks have more total thumbs up than that.

I'm intrigued to see how the updated site (and any updates it gets overtime) will effect collecting unique votes. My hypothesis is that having the count available for everyone to see on a person's page will lead to more uniques than when we didn't have that information available. At the same time, it seems like the new reviews list may be having mixed effects overall on total votes. I love that we can go back to see up to 200 recent reviews, but I think only haveing 5 on the main page is stifling those counts a bit. Not the worst issue in the world necessarily, but sitting on 11 thumbs for a review of The Canyons is a tad lower than I expected to be at after 4 days. I think the benefits will definitely outweight the cons though!

I hope to see you and everyone else graduate at some point. Just gotta review and then let them simmer.

By the way, if you want voter envy and haven't looked yet, Sir Valkyrie Kid has 1,218 unique voters. Only about 60 folks have more total thumbs up than that.
1218 uniques... sheeeesh. And whoever I looked up earlier (wolfhaley or wellsbranch maybe) had around 450 and I was jealous of that haha.

I agree, I'm debating if thumb rates are down since the conversion or if it's just I've been posting reviews of pretty non-memorable courses for the last month. 11 for Canyons is definitely low, but I will say some of those notable courses really grew for me over time. Idlewild was my highest thumb count ever after a day at 24, but then it got surpassed by one of my older reviews, and now I think it's back on top with 28. Hopefully your Canyons review grows with time; mine certainly has (also collected 3 of my 15 downvotes, I guess maybe because I didn't give it a perfect 5 :ROFLMAO:).

Uniques are wild... I thought by playing more states (I added 8 new states since June) and by reviewing Championship courses (Idlewild, Eagles Crossing, and Old Post) would net me more uniques. Still the exact same number. lol But it did net me a ton of thumbs up, so I can't complain too much. Guess I'm going to have to go to Michigan soon and review some courses up there, seems to be a healthy number of members from that area still active on the site. And that wouldn't be a bad trip, considering the sun and humidity are trying to bake us currently.

Uniques are wild... I thought by playing more states (I added 8 new states since June) and by reviewing Championship courses (Idlewild, Eagles Crossing, and Old Post) would net me more uniques. Still the exact same number. lol But it did net me a ton of thumbs up, so I can't complain too much. Guess I'm going to have to go to Michigan soon and review some courses up there, seems to be a healthy number of members from that area still active on the site. And that wouldn't be a bad trip, considering the sun and humidity are trying to bake us currently.
I was advised to go play high profile courses to increase uniques... it did help a little, but clearly not like it did in the heydey of the site with more active users. Michigan has some great disc golf. Getting to different areas of the country is also supposed to help with uniques but again, I haven't gotten tons of traction that way. I guess I still need to go further from home :)

For a long time that formula absolutely worked. Review highly rated courses, review truly terrible courses, and review courses over a wide area.

Obviously no data to support, but I think having just the most recent 5 the homepage is reducing thumbs (and therefore uniques). You're kind of a special case, Rodney. I wouldn't be surprised if you've gotten a unique from 95% of the current users who bother to vote on reviews.

I think I should be the President of this club, because I have the highest vote count (and therefore, the biggest cubic zirconia). In fact, I am hereby declaring myself President.

(If you disagree, I can't hear you while plugging my ears and singing the Theme from Shaft [which my wife, by the way, would not allow me to use as the walk in music at our wedding reception 38 years ago]).

I think I've said enough here to secure your vote.

(and......Smile).

Last edited:
Do I smell an election coming? Or a coup?

Latest posts