• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The dx leopard

I use the DX Leopard exclusively. I think it's the best long turnover driver around. It glides long and has a predictable slow turn to it. There's nothing like it. I also have the Champion Leopard but it flies more stable, more of an S shape flight. The DX Leopard also makes a great roller and sky roller.

gunna be that guy real quick and say this thread is fit for the discs section...

anyways i have a few buddies who love em for straight and beautiful turnovers. personally i never got into it. i feel pro is a better call since they last a little longer. dx from what ive seen turns into rollers quicker than i would want. (not oat i can throw comets 300+ on a frozen rope)

Champ leos are in my bag as my go-to driver.

I'll take dx leos along on roadtrips so I can throw them into water hazards. :eek:

i use a worn dx leopard for shorter rollers and ones that need to finish right.

First disc I ever threw and now it's my security blanket in my bag. When I can throw anything else worth a crap, the dx leopard will come out. It won't go far, but it will be consistent for me.

The DX Leopard was my first real driver ("real" because I had the old Wal-Mart beginner set :sick:). I had a Champ Leopard and it was more stable but I still really liked it. I have a Star Leopard now that has been in my bag for awhile. It is beat in pretty hard and flies more like my old DX probably (hard to say exactly because my form is much improved since then). I can roll it over or get long Anhyzer lines out of it. I really like it for a lot of shots.

If you want one to last awhile get a star. It will beat in. It may take longer but it will also stay at that sweet spot for longer, imo.

I have one I break out occasionally. There are similar discs I like better, like the Diamond. Leopards feel weird in the hand to me.

DX Leopards beat too fast for me. I have a Champ Leopard in the bag for straight shots up to 400' and also a Pro Leopard for those slow turnover shots. The Pro Leo (in my bag) feels a little like the Gstar plastic, but not as flexible of course.

I think they're great. Good grip from DX, small rim, easy to spin, glides forever. I always have a DX, Pro, and Star Leopard in the bag.

I have a super beat dx leopard for getting out of trouble and the occasional roller or a huge turnover, but mostly I just carry it for fun, I usually would roll a dx viper over a leopard. but the leopard makes a great disc to learn rollers and hyzer flips with

Dx Leopard is a great disc. It can help anyone learn to hyzerflip.

It was the first golf disc I ever threw. I'm sure its a fine disc, but I don't throw them anymore.

I have 2 Stars (one beat and one new), 2 Pro (both still rather new, haven't had much action) and 2 DX. One flies like a Buzzz, mostly straight w/very tiny fade. The other takes off and makes a nice 1-1:30 angle US throw almost every time. No Champ for me. I have the 2 Stars in the bag so I can throw and compare their flights, but the 2 DX are permanent residents. Rivers haven't managed to knock them out yet either. The Rivers are sitting at home along w/a Vibram Trek. The last few months I kind of went on a golf disc buying spree and now I have multiple discs for each kind of throw and I need to weed thru and find which ones I really want to keep in the bag. Field work here I come.

Not expecting DX Leopards to disappear tho, love them :)

FYI the DX Leo is the daily special at PrimeDiscs.com, $6.95.

If you like really like DX Leopards ~150, just hit up your local PIAS. Always plenty of them used in there for $4 :)