• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

The Paige thing will be settled soon as least as far as Prodigy goes. Prodigy will be releasing a video with all the returning and new team members. I know of the new people that we've added but not sure about those who have or may be leaving.

World Champions throw Prodigy, and they dont show Paige. To me this commercial is the most compelling argument for Paige not being with Prodigy anymore.

Agree - Way more than the "nah not gonna talk about the backpack"

Drew Gibson official announcement on Smashboxx tonight. Show starts at 9pm central.
:clap:

Paige and i talk and text more then most people and she said she was going to take a break for 2016 from DG to focus on her clothing and apparel company that makes sundresses out of hemp for little girls in africa.
:D It started out so compelling

Well so much for that announcement I thought was coming tonight. This is a good signing for DD. With McCabe taking on other roles within DD/Disc Golf, Drew will likely be their marquee MPO sponsored player.

Why not Ricky? Is he leaving?

DD has a wealth of talent on their team.

Why not Ricky? Is he leaving?

DD has a wealth of talent on their team.

Ricky is Latitude 64.

While the "Trilogy" companies are tied together through manufacturing and distribution, the teams are quite independent of one another.

Drew Gibson to DD.

Spoiler alert

Ricky is Latitude 64.

While the "Trilogy" companies are tied together through manufacturing and distribution, the teams are quite independent of one another.

I think Lat 64, Dynamic and Westside did TOO GOOD of a job branding themselves as "trilogy" The companies behind them seem to get lost, here and on facebook and such as well. Guys throw "trilogy" bags vs. an Innova/DiscMania/Millenium bag - big difference in brand recognition.

Great add for DD with Drew. He's like what... not even 20 yet? A lot of potential for him. Great for disc golf, it's becoming more like any other line of professional work it seems, where you have to leave sometimes to get what you feel you deserve. It's seems to be getting more difficult for up-and-coming Innova players that are teetering on that edge of the 1st and 2nd tiers of elite playing to get the support they feel they deserve with seemingly all the support going to McBeth.

I'm a big fan of drews. Hope everything works out well with him and DD. I would love to see him do well this year at the big events.

You don't hear much chatter about sponsored players over 40 or 50 and whether they are changing sponsors. I think this is a marketing oversight by manufacturers. Tournament players over age 35 are about half the numbers of those under 35 but I would speculate have at least as much or more total disposable income than the player group under 35. In addition, there are likely many more older ball golfers ripe for conversion to disc golf since much of our younger generation have never taken it up.

I think that older market segment would rather hear from Gregg Hosfeld how using this backpack bag has kept his finicky back from giving out over a four round event. Many older men can only hope to throw as far as the top women, not men. The women's disc choices are likely more appropriate for older men and we accept the challenge to beat their mantra, "Throw like a girl." Of course, the top women don't throw rollers. So watching a vet like Dave Greenwell lay one out there along with a variety of trick shots should inspire oldsters to learn how to offset lack of power with cleverness and skill to sometimes beat the youngsters on technical courses.

You don't hear much chatter about sponsored players over 40 or 50 and whether they are changing sponsors. I think this is a marketing oversight by manufacturers. Tournament players over age 35 are about half the numbers of those under 35 but I would speculate have at least as much or more total disposable income than the player group under 35.

The last economic drop was saved by generation x and y. Baby boomers and the generations before are more prone to penny pinching than the reckless spending of the new generations. The above statement is a common misconception. Basically the only advantage to marketing towards the older market is the price point. Younger people generally can't afford the same price tag.
But I do agree that there should be more investment in marketing towards older generations.
*side note
I still care how Clio and Schultz do, and I bet there is alot of us who have been playing a long time that would like to see more of them than 2x a year

I still care how Clio and Schultz do, and I bet there is alot of us who have been playing a long time that would like to see more of them than 2x a year

I'm with you here. As much as I love watching Paul, Ricky, and the lot crushing it, most of my YouTube disc golf time is spent watching Barry and Schwebby.

Of course, the top women don't throw rollers.

So watching a vet like Dave Greenwell lay one out there along with a variety of trick shots should inspire oldsters to learn how to offset lack of power with cleverness and skill to sometimes beat the youngsters on technical courses.
That is interesting the top women rarely ever throw rollers.

I enjoy watching and playing with the older locals here. Craig Gangloff and his crazy rollers and thumb rollers. Tom Edwards and his 350' chicken wing through the woods. Jim Myers and his hyzer form.

Isn't MJ still a few years away from playing masters?

Yeah, I think he may actually be younger than Feldberg and Avery, but they don't sport balding ponytails. But I would totally do that to myself if I could throw like him. Hell, he may be like Sampson. Cut off his ponytail and he oats every Comet into a cut roller. Seriously though, he is the pro I aspire to be like. I will never throw 500 ft hyzer bombs, but I could learn. with enough practice, to throw a mid through the woods like it is remote controlled (could, but lets be realistic, probably will never come close).

Latest posts