• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

If I were a sponsored pro, I'd want as many alternatives for discs in slots as possible. To me that is Innova and Trilogy. Sooo many discs to choose from.

I've thought about this too, and that seems to be my interpretation. I'll never be in that position, but if I ever was I'd be seeking Innova or Trilogy, anything else would be a stepping stone.

Paige's got to be going to innova. She was prominently featured in SpinTV segments, even had scenes with her and mcbeth in a hotel room in Europe, Madison walker is innova and claims Paige is her wife.

Huh?

Guessing when he breaks the distance record innova will give him more than a run of 50 discs

Is that all a Prodigy sponsorship gets you? I've heard that their top pros get $1000 a month plus free discs.

If I were a sponsored pro, I'd want as many alternatives for discs in slots as possible. To me that is Innova and Trilogy. Sooo many discs to choose from.

Nope. All of the top guys can win with basically anything. As long as manufactures have your basics covered they can figure it out. The "having every variation of every slot" strategy of the Trilogy and Innova is for marketing to ams, not pros.

Nope. All of the top guys can win with basically anything. As long as manufactures have your basics covered they can figure it out. The "having every variation of every slot" strategy of the Trilogy and Innova is for marketing to ams, not pros.

... unless your name starts with a Dave and ends with a Feldberg

image.jpg

attachment.php

im scared after that top right picture. nite'

No wonder some of these pros have sponsor problems... delete your damn social media if that's what you post'

its a funny term, like work-wife, probably. During clerkship/internship for me in medschool my real wife would refer to my female group mates, whom I spent up to 36hr shifts and month long rural rotations with, as my work wives.

or you just don't understand opportunity and prefer to chase a wagon.

I never said I wouldn't take an opportunity to take a sponsor, local/smaller than one of the big dogs, hence my stepping stone comment. You don't just jump in to the biggest sponsor. Comparing my time as a "professional" power lifter, which is likened to the world of "professional" disc golf where really the top 5 maybe, are actually making a living on their craft, you take what you can get. My post was more fairy tale land-ish, IF I was one of the top players and had disc companies seeking me out.

I think that if someone was really trying to make a living off of disc golf and sponsors, then their first concern would be what can the company offer monetarily.

Disc selection would most likely come second.

Considering Innova IS disc golf and Lat64 (et al) is probably the most dynamic company in the sport right now, I wouldn't call it chasing a wagon.

If it ain't got that Gyro, it ain't disc golf, bro.

Had breakfast today next to Geisinger and boy did that scrambled eggs and ham taste good. ;)

I think that if someone was really trying to make a living off of disc golf and sponsors, then their first concern would be what can the company offer monetarily.

Disc selection would most likely come second.

Yup.

Latest posts