• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread drift on the thread drift. I really like DD's naming scheme. At least they have a theme that they are sticking to.*

***Except for the Raider. I am not sure on that one.

From the old west. Synonyms -- outlaw, bandit, pillager, rustler, buccaneer

People offended by the DD disc names? Now I've seen it all...

Offended is not the right word. More accurately I am conscious of the implications of selling justice system themed discs to a population that is generally on the lower end of the income spectrum, a group of people which that system has disproportionately effected. What's next, the DD Plea Deal? Perhaps the DD Mandatory Minimum.

Offended is not the right word. More accurately I am conscious of the implications of selling justice system themed discs to a population that is generally on the lower end of the income spectrum, a group of people which that system has disproportionately effected. What's next, the DD Plea Deal? Perhaps the DD Mandatory Minimum.

Disc golfers are generally on the lower end of the income spectrum? Never asked anyone on the course how much they make but folks appeared to be doing well enough. Pretty sure I haven't run across a one percenter yet.

The DD #metoo.

You people are nuts. I can't wait for the wokesters to get laughed off the face of the earth by throwers of wizards (kkk affiliation), Apes (racial epithet), Kings, queens, and maidens (zomg binary gender norms!), colts (it ain't named after the animal, take a look at the stamp!). You're the same type of attention hos that think you're a hero to black people by telling cops in uniform to get out of Starbucks. Get lost, assuming this isn't some sort of uber-sarcastic parody act you're doing (in which case, my hat is off to you, because it's hilarious!).

... also IMO it's bad business model for "growing the sport". My mom would never have bought or allowed me to have discs with those names when I was a kid.

My mom wouldn't have had a problem with the DD names and stamps, but there's no way she would've bought me a Wraith, especially one with the traditional Wraith stamp. So does that make it bad business for Innova, too? Or is your mom's value system the sole litmus test for growing the sport?

So I started thinking I could just clean the DD bashing out of this thread and leave the actual discussion of sponsor switching, but the DD bashing started literally with the second post in this thread and is so tightly woven into this discussion that it beyond saving. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts