• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The Inevitable "Your 2017 Bag" Thread

SD86

Banned
It's that time of year again, namely the beginning of a new one. So what are you going to be bagging in 2017? And feel free to discuss changes from your 2016 bag...

Defy, Inertia, Crave, Relay, XXX, Suspect, Theory, Proxy, Envy, is the plan. We'll see if MVP actually produces a truly Suspect/Verdict like disc, if so, that might be a trade out.

I wanna play. Going DD and Innova next year.. slowly switching to DD/ Trilogy

2x Judge (Hard and blend) putters
3X Aviar (2x Mcpro 1 DX sanny)
2x Pigs (Pallet Pros)
1x Roc (Flat top Kc)
1x Verdict (Opto cant quit... Cheaper to keep her)
1x Justice (Opto)
2X Teebird (Nybo and S-tb)
1X TL (Champ transitional)
1x Felon (Fusion)
2x Wraith (Pearly Champ Pfn and S-wr)
4x Destroyer ( E* Star SDS Brinster )

Catalyst, Octane, Destroyer, Nitro, Thunderbird, 2x Saint Pro, Saint, Firebird, Fury, Teebird, F2, FD, Leopard3, M1, M2, M4, Comet, Panther, Shield, 2x Pure, Aviar

2 Star Destroyers
1 Firebird
3 1.1 Orion LFs
1 Roadrunner
3 Gazelles
4-5 Rocs
4 Wizards

Putters:
Putting - Organic Voodoo
Driving - Eclipse Soft Ion
Approaching - Gold Line Pure
Wind - Gold Line Harp

Midranges:
Line shaping and approaches - Z Buzzz SS
Workhorse - Lucid Verdict

Fairway Drivers:
Low line drives and line shaping - Champion Leopard3
Workhorse - C Glow FD
Stable - Champion Thunderbird
Overstable Utility: Champion Firebird

Distance Drivers:
Tailwind or line shaping - S Line DDx
Workhorse Maximum Distance - Star Wraith

The only discs that may work their way in would be C MD3s in place of the Verdict, seasoned DDs instead of Wraiths, and River Pros in place of the FD.

I've had it in the bag for a little while, but the 140g Fission Photon has earned a permanent spot.

Minimal (I usually roll with this or fewer) bag is:

F Photon
Orbital
Relay
N Axis
Plasma Ion

Full bag would be:

F Photon
Orbital
150 class N Wave
N Fireball
Relay
Signal
N Axis
Tensor
Plasma Ion

I'm really digging my bag right now, so not too many changes. I was planning on trying out more Prodiscus next year, but I'm feeling pretty set. I'm pretty annoyed with Dynamic for various reasons, so working that out of the bag for the most part. Felons will be Firebirds in 2017. When DyeMax Verdicts go they'll be replaced by Hornets. Cant avoid the Truth though..

Putters
G* Aviar
Lunar ET Omega
2016 Grip Pure -> 2017 Opto Pure
Ultrium Jokeri
VIP Harp

Mids
Fluid Claymore
2016 Fluid Truth -> 2017 EMac Fluid Truth??
DyeMax Verdict -> 2017/18 Z Hornet

Fairway/Control
VIP Seer
Opto Saint
Star Teebird
Color Glow Champ Teebird
(beat) Lucid Felon
Glow Firebird
Recon MOAB
these are fighting in 2017
Fluid Saint
TP Stag
TP Northman
BT Northman

Distance Drivers
Orbital
VIP Destiny
Champ Colossus
2x VIP Catapults
VIP World
Recycled Giant
Stiletto

Pure
Harp
Squall
Eagle
Orion LS
Predator (maybe replaced with a faster OS driver)
Trespass

I'm still in that "trying new things" mode in general. I have doubled up on some molds that I really like & looking forward to upping my game with these in 2017.

Putters: Still all over the place. Mainly the Jawbreaker Banger GT, DX Polecat Lids

Mids: Buzzz, 2x Cobra

Fairway: Stratus

Drivers: 2x Wraith, 3x Destroyer

Falling in love with new discs every month - we'll see where things stand (lie?) a year from now.

Really thinking about adding a Sinus to my bad. Really love it for backhand off the tee. I think I'll keep the harp though for side arm approaches.

First of all, I'd like a new bag. I've been carrying a salient ember since they came out, but the black has faded a bit and is now a weird semi black reddish tinged color now. Would like a new Shift or Tana something in that size class to take its place.

Discs probably won't change much

Electron Atoms x2
BT Soft Harp X1
Vip(winter/fall)TP(Spring/Summer) Harp x1
VIP Bard x2
Lucid Justice x1 (could lose its spot to a MOAB)
VIP Stag x2 (trying a Volt and Thunderbird here to see how that goes though.)
Champ Firebird x2
Star Firebird x1
VIP/Elasto King x2 (trying a Ballista to see if it's as long but more HSS)
Champ Ape x2
Star Ape x1

I doubt any major changes apart from the bag will happen. I've tried several discs to kick the King and Stag but none have managed it.

I'm beginning to settle in and be really happy with my bag. I'm sure I'll continue to try new things, but for the most part this is what I am throwing:

*DD Classic Warden (am taking a closer look at the Challenger, but I always seem to go back to the Warden)
Discmania S-Line P2 - approach/throwing putter
Innova Champion (Rancho) Rhyno - wind fighter/hyzer approaches
*Innova Star Stud - straight/slightly overstable upshots
Innova Star Mirage - straight approaches at 50% power, understable for longer upshots
*Innova Pink Panther - not negotiable (utility shots, thumbers, approaches, upshots, everything)
Discraft (Green) Hornet - upshots needing a finishing fade, wind fighter. Forehand disc on approaches.
*Discraft Ti Buzzz - main mid. Longer upshots, tee shots.
Innova Star/Champ Mako3 - straight/understable mid (if any disc comes out of my bag in 2017, it will likely be this one)
*Innova Star TL - straight fairway driver with fade for hyzer or anny flex shots.
Innova Champion Banshee - utility/wind fighter - it is to me what the Firebird is to many of you. Forehand disc, as well.
*Lat64 GL Fury - when it absolutely, positively has to turn over and be understable.
Innova Champion Sidewinder - distance driver with control
Innova Star SL (Val commemorative) - longer distances needing fade, off the tee into the wind.
*Innova Star/Champion Tern - distance driver, especially with tailwinds
Westside TP Destiny - just got it, but it does go very long (for me).

* = minimal discs bag for quick practice rounds.

still need:
(straight/understable fairway) - the one indecisive spot. A Patriot, River, or FD might end up here.
(overstable fairway) - Banshee might come out and a Firebird, Val 4x Starfire, Orc, or Star FL might come in.
(overstable driver) - something for into-the-wind distance. Lat64 Flow the leading candidate here.

Star Sidewinder
Champ Firebird
Champ TeeBird
Pile of Rocs
Pile of Wizards

Not too many changes.

Switched to an all Prodigy bag back un July...

300 PA4- putter
400 PA4- understable thrower
350 PA3- overstable thrower
400 M4 (x2)- straight/understable mid
400 M2- overstable mid
750 F7- understable fairway
400 F5- stable fairway
400 H3- forehands
400 D2- forehands
400 D3- most open drives
400 D4(x2)- control drives, hyzerflips
400 D6- raw distance drives
400 X1- trick shots/forehand rollers, crazy overstable
400 A3- forehand approach

Judge for putts (no change there)
Ion for drives (also no change)
Mids are staying about the same except a new Ti Buzzz is taking the spot of my old beat up X Buzzz
Fairways are constantly shifting but I'm sticking with a Star Thunderbird for sure, and an Icon Rival.
Distance Drivers have essentially come down to the Crank/Nuke/D1 combo.

Everything low speed is constant but I'm still trying to lock down the longer discs in my bag.

i've narrowed down my top 10 discs and will start from there everytime but i tend to carry a lot and want to minimize. top 10 discs:
Destroyer, Tern, Mamba, 2 thunderbirds, teebird, leopard, king cobra/MD3, buzzz and wizard. I have a lot of just in case discs, like a firebird or a PD2 but those 10 are my mains that i reach for 90% of the time. i have OS and US discs in each section but some rarely get used. Other discs ITB:
Krait, PD2, Firebird, more destroyers and thunderbirds, TL, River, Gator, Rhyno and mirage