• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Newest Crush Boy is an ANIMAL.

DoWork

Double Eagle Member
So the other day, I'm minding my own business and clicking around to see what's new on the yootoob subscriptions, and settled on the CCDG coverage of the 2018 Mid America Open, having no idea my mind was about to be blown to smithereens.

Scrolling through, something caught my eye- There was a toddler on a card! I clicked on it, thinking there must be some mistake, but NO! It was for real! Zack Arlinghaus is 14, but looks like my 12yo, maybe even younger- but is legit 916 rated! So I popped some popcorn and watched intently, waiting to see what babyface was going to do...

THIS. KID. ABSOLUTELY. CRUSHES!!!!!!

THROWS 425+ ON A DIME!
GORGEOUS TURNOVERS!
OFF-DOMINANT HAND FOREHANDS!
SMASHING PUTTS WITH AUTHORITY!

This kid is the future. I mean, guys like AB and Calvin are new-school freaks of nature but this kid looks like he'd get turned away at Six Flags for most of the rollercoasters and he straight up smashed the course. Zero visible physical advantages, yet execution on par with the best anywhere. I couldn't believe my eyes! Sickeningly well rounded, and cartoonishly young. If you haven't seen the coverage, make a point to check it out tonight. It was the most captivating performance I've seen in a long time. Mark my words, this kid is going to OWN the sport in a few years! Count me in as a HUGE fan! GO ZACK!!

That was a fun card. With the kid and the senior... both playing very well.

I was so happy to see that tourney after the first two big "hyzerfests" to start the season on YouTube.

Yeah, the juxtaposition of the Masters champion and the little kid both crushing simultaneously made it one of the most fun rounds to watch in a long time for me- and not one "famous" person on it!

My wife came into the room and was like "what's going on, why are you yelling??" because I was literally cheering for the kid.

Last edited:
If this kid ever goes through a growth spurt, the tour will be in trouble.

Even though he is a boy who crushes, can he technically be a Crush Boy if he is sponsored by Dynamic Discs rather than Dicsmania? In all seriousness, DD has done a great job of sponsoring young up and comers: Zack Arlinghaus, Isaiah Esquivel, and Cynthia Ricciotti all appear to have bright futures in disc golf.

I remember just a few short years ago when I competing against Zach in Rec, lol...

He is now rated 968 and has 8 1000+ rated rounds already in his career... My highest ever round was 951, lol...

So you were playing against him when he was 11? How'd he do in Rec as an 11 year old?

Not 916, but 961 at Mid Am!

Just looked and he's now 968. So that level of play he showed on video isn't some kind of anomaly, kid is a baller!

Oops! My bad!!

Baller indeed, more impressed with him than literally anyone else right now. Can't wait to see what the future brings for him!

So you were playing against him when he was 11? How'd he do in Rec as an 11 year old?

I couldn't help feeling like I wouldn't stand a chance against him. I've been beaten by a 13yo before, but I feel like I'd have to go home and have a good long cry after a round against Zack lol

He won 2 events and an overall league title at Mt Airy. He switched to INT in 2016 but played Rec at BG Ams and finished 15th. He didn't have much distance back then, probably topping out around 275ish and he threw a lot of flick rollers. But his putting has been the same pretty much since then.

Thanks for the heads up on this video. I had skipped it.
Super fun to watch the little fella CRUSH.

He was already soaring through the division.
My favorite Zach story: About the time he turned twelve, I drew him for the first time as a random doubles partner at Boone Woods. He played great the whole round. When we got to 16 (the one that used to tee from beside the old basketball court), a 260' hole which wasn't brutal, but you had to shape your fade around a pair of trees to the corner of a soccer field without getting into the rough/woods downhill both long and to the right of the green.
I figured I should put one close, and put too much spin/torque on my shot, which flipped up to flat and ran deep in the woods. I said, "help pick me up, partner!".
Calm & collected, he simple hit the cage about three inches low from acing it.
... I knew then!
Great young man, too.

He was already soaring through the division.
My favorite Zach story: .

I remember his dad telling me one. He was probably still 11 when this happened. He decided one day he wanted a Grip bag, got online, found somebody selling one he liked on FB(I think it was FB anyway) and started messaging with the guy. He had his own money to buy it and the guy told him to send him his paypal info. Zach didn't know what a paypal was and went to his dad and asked him, "Do you have paypal?" I don't have kids, so I can only imagine the things running thru his mind when his 11yr old asked him for a paypal...

...I wish I could have been there to see the look on Ben's face, lol. Something like "WTF" expression I am guessing.