• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The ONE disc everyone should have ...

Champ Wraith (used to be Monarch til i got the wraith)

i can drive around 270' with it (got my own disks around april after using crappy midrange disks from friends last year)

I'm torn between the XL and Predator. But I think I'll go with the Pred, once you understand them they are as dependable as a Honda.

I would say a ESP Comet or DX Wolf. Both are very dependable. Although for a driver, I would say Leopard.

It just bums me out that I lost my ESP Comet. I was using that disc for everything just about.

I am going to exclude Roc/Buzz so my picks are...

Driver - TeeBird (Great Accuracy, Good Distance)
Midrange - Gator (The only disc I have ever had that does the EXACT same thing every throw)
Putter - I beleive putters even more so than other disc to be 100% preference

I'll have to go with 2 on this one....
1 is my 180 Innova Coyote...I like this disc so much more than any of my Rocs or my Wasp. Maybe it has something to do withthe fact that it's dyed to look like Captain America's shield...but I love this disc.
2 has got to be my Gateway Warlock Super Stupid Soft putter. This is the best putter I've used by far!!! I highly recommend you try gaeway's super stupid soft (sss) plastic if you've never had the chance.

Teerex. Can be thrown nicely with a forehand, backhand, and tomahawk. Can be hyzered, anhyzered, throw straight, or flipped.

I would choose the wraith second, but I don't tomahawk the wraith so that's why I chose the teerex.

as for buzzz vs roc. have them both, don't settle for just one :)

Roc Classic. I am considering adding a Buzz but am not sure what the advantage would be. I'm torn between it or a second Leopard

A star Starfire. I didn't know it was the most amazing disc ever until I had lost everything else. :)

That disc flies consistently straight and great for me every time.

I throw a star destroyer, nicely beat in to the point of 400+ drives everytime with the option of nice forehanding

Narrowing it down to just one disc is almost impossible and there are still so many discs I want to try out. A few thoughts, however:

The Leopard as many have mentioned is a great disc. A great fairway driver in many situations and it can be anhyzered with great effect as long as there's no cross wind or head wind. Definitely not a good headwind driver, and gets a bit understable after it gets beat in (at least for me).

My all time favourite disc is the Aero. I've been throwing one for over 20 years. Pretty old school, but it just goes where you throw it and holds whatever line you give it. It really doesn't change much as it wears in until eventually, years later, it gets Alzheimers and just starts wandering around at random. It's kind of like a roc with more glide and very little fade. That said I'll be picking up a Roc to add to the bag of tricks. I can drive the Aero over 300', use it for approaches, putt with it. A great all around disc. Not for a forehand though!

I also love another old school disc - the Eclipse. Very controllable, excellent S curves, good roller. Just don't anhyzer it high and hard and expect it to come back.

Of the big drivers, I like the Pro Wraith. My current Wraith is Star and I find it a bit too overstable for my arm. The Pro was a better fit for me until I lost it in a murky pond. Now why didn't I throw the Dragon on that one? Thing is, I haven't used enough different big D drivers so my take in this category hasn't got a lot of weight.

These work pretty good for the champ: Teebird, Roc, Big Bead Aviar

Throw in the Boss for good measure.