• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Things We Do For Disc Golf

Installed 99 focal point orange stickers on basket poles for 2014 Am Worlds.

Chains epilate. I have not had arm hair since.

But worse was scraping off all the old faded and torn stickers advertising disc golf related stuff. Never give out stickers in player's packs, or use them to advertise, please!

Installed 99 focal point orange stickers on basket poles for 2014 Am Worlds.

Chains epilate. I have not had arm hair since.

But worse was scraping off all the old faded and torn stickers advertising disc golf related stuff. Never give out stickers in player's packs, or use them to advertise, please!
lulz

Spent today doing some community service at a local orphanage and celebrated Christmas a little early. I brought my Mach-Lite, a couple dozen putters, and opened a disc golf booth.....called every foot fault. Those kids have a lot of growing up to do ;)

Spent today doing some community service at a local orphanage and celebrated Christmas a little early. I brought my Mach-Lite, a couple dozen putters, and opened a disc golf booth.....called every foot fault. Those kids have a lot of growing up to do ;)

:clap::clap::clap:
this should make you eligible for sainthood

This last summer I chose to drive 400+ miles each way to see family (as opposed to fly) just so I could stop and play a round in Portland with some very good friends.

Lies, all lies.

I leave the office early and tell my employees I have a meeting, then I hit the disc golf course on my way home, change back into my work clothes post round and arrive home to the wife and kids with no mention of the round so I don't get placed into the "would rather play disc golf than come home to his family early" bucket.

^yup. :hfive:

I was told by my chiropractor not to throw for 2 weeks because my bad form was hurting my back. As soon as I got home, I went to the field to "work on my form"

At least once a month I drive about 2 hours to play my original home course with some of my friends and club members

I'm retired, have a practice basket at home and live about 5 minutes from a local park with an 18 hole DG course. I've logged 260 rounds at the course in the last 2 years. Yep, I'm obsessed! I will spend as much time as needed looking for a lost disc. I also have a hard time passing a sporting goods store without picking up another disc.:doh:

I played a round three days after surgery for an umbilical hernia. I smoothed out my stroke so I wouldn't rip the stitches and it actually helped to improve my game in the long run.

I got rid of my girlfriend because she could not understand that beer is required to play disc golf not optional.

I play in freezing cold temps with a foot of snow on the ground cause I gotta get my fix.:thmbup:

Stayed at the course until 2am for our Xmas party/tournament. Made it home by 3am, fell asleep around 4am. Then woke up at 7:30 so I could drive the 45 minutes back to the course to play our Sunday weekly. :)

In November 2012, sidelined with a torn meniscus and pondering the orthopedist's recommendation for surgery, I found out that the extinct Canyon Course in Brooksville, FL, would be resurrected for a single event in January. Within hours of that news, I'd scheduled the surgery so I could play it.