• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Valkyrie, a discussion.........

MikePinchico

Double Eagle Member
I have searched far and wide for 2 minutes and have found no thread dedicated to the Valkyrie. I love the valk, it is my go to understable distance driver (I throw a well seasoned older star valk). I also use it as a roller disc in the rare occasion that I use a roller. Today I recieved a 5x JK Valk and I am very excited to see how it throws. What I'm looking for someone to answer:
1.) What are all of the different types of valks (plastics, runs, ect.)
2.) Which ones do you throw?
3.) If your a hater, why the hate?
4.) And any other opinions would be welcome.

Im not a hater but i don't throw it anymore for the simple fact i can flip more stable discs now. Before, however, I loved the valk it shaped beautiful lines and got nice, easy distance. Theres only a couple holes at my course that if I did use the valk it would need hyzer-flipping to not turn too much and go OB. I prefer to throw flat on bigger d with something more stable and know its always going to fade.

I throw a very stable current run and a slightly flippier 4X. I love their flight paths on 400+ ft bombs (even they need a pretty open field to get their full potential). I've aced with one. It was my first disc. I have a Valk addiction. My club mates make fun of me for it.

Last edited:
i love me some valk! i have a 5x in my bag that i use for tailwinds or annys and a pretty stable 167 valk that i drive with on a lot of holes. the 167 seems to have a plus mold rim though and is very pearly. love that disc.

Before I got a couple blizzard discs, I was loving a Pro Valk+ as my max D driver, big turn, reliable fade, lots of glide! I have several champ, dx, star, and pro Valks in various forms.

Not a hater just don't throw one. Perhaps someone who does can tell me what it would do over a Lat64 GL Flow? Cause if they're similar maybe a Valk is a cheaper replacement.

Not a hater just don't throw one. Perhaps someone who does can tell me what it would do over a Lat64 GL Flow? Cause if they're similar maybe a Valk is a cheaper replacement.

I think the Flow might be a bit more stable in general. I've only throw the Flow a couple times but it help up to some decent power; power that would have flipped a Valk. Just my two cents.

This is my all time favorite disc and I have accumulated quite the collection over the years. To answer your Q's...

1. SE, CE, Star, Pro, DX, JK, Glow
2. CE and Star
3. Anyone who hates doesn't know nor appreciate this amazing disc! World Record Holder for distance!!!
4. Use CE for hyzer flip/anny through woods and tight fairways. Star is used for more open shots that need controlled distance.

Valkyrie is a good disc. I used to throw it for my main driver, but now I throw the Striker instead.

Valk is a great disc at 150 grams. Used for big tailwind distance and easy turnovers. (I use a Diamond now).

It wouldn't bother me at all to go back to the Valkyrie, but I've become disenchanted with Innova in general. If it wasn't for the Pig and the Rhyno, I wouldn't own one. (The DX Teebird I just bought flew great, but the "candle wax" it's made out of won't last me a dozen rounds. Innova sux.

I just retired my 1st ace disc, 175 star valk. (only disc i'll retire)
I replaced it with a 175 glo valk
i carry a 167 beat star valk for rollers or sky annys

And i have 3 glo and one star in the garage as backups, I love the valk. Easy D, nice lines, great for noobs, and pros.

The second runs look really flat, I won't buy them as they are expensive, hard to replace, and I could just buy a cheaper, more stable mold if I wanted a more stable disc.

This is my all time favorite disc and I have accumulated quite the collection over the years. To answer your Q's...

1. SE, CE, Star, Pro, DX, JK, Glow
2. CE and Star
3. Anyone who hates doesn't know nor appreciate this amazing disc! World Record Holder for distance!!!
4. Use CE for hyzer flip/anny through woods and tight fairways. Star is used for more open shots that need controlled distance.

Good information JR. JR, what weight is your star valk? Does anyone know the specifics on how the 5x JK's fly?

I think the Flow might be a bit more stable in general. I've only throw the Flow a couple times but it help up to some decent power; power that would have flipped a Valk. Just my two cents.

Cool thanks for the info. I like the Flow for that stability it throws like a longer Teebird for me. I can turn it right some but it always comes back at the low speed. I think I'll stick with the Flow and SurgeSS but maybe a Valk is what I was looking for in the Opto Bolt and didn't find.

I would like to see some historical annual sales volumn numbers from Innova on the Valk vs. other discs. I bet it would be top five for a majority of the years.

i know the 2nd runs were super stable.

this is what i have heard also....

lets add some pics to this thread...

dd696e82.jpg

a7b888ad.jpg

2f9b3802.jpg

74a4ea11.jpg

88d71f42.jpg