• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tips of keeping nose down

Awkward Accountant

Bogey Member
Ive been trying to keep the nose down more as i believe thats whats keeping my distance back. Youtube told me to hold the disc more like you're pouring a pot of coffee. It worked a few times but for some reason I'm throwing with a decent more amount of anhyzer and holding on to the disc too long.

Any sources or tips ya'll could share which helped you with this?

God bless and clang some chains

Ive been trying to keep the nose down more as i believe thats whats keeping my distance back. Youtube told me to hold the disc more like you're pouring a pot of coffee. It worked a few times but for some reason I'm throwing with a decent more amount of anhyzer and holding on to the disc too long.

Any sources or tips ya'll could share which helped you with this?

God bless and clang some chains

Could be lots of things involving overall form, posture, etc... Video form review is always best for issues like this. Often the causes are far away from where you might expect!

From my experience who has recently gone thrue this i think it has alot to do with timing.
If you pull with your arm before your plant foot is down or reach back/out to soon the disc can be nose up at release also if you dont have the hand on the outside of the disc when it passes the powerpocket. Ofc it could be grip abit aswell.

Unintended anyhyzer releases for me is from dropping my elbow so the wrist is above it at release, watch yourself in the mirror you will notice disc is on a anny. Aswell as tipping your upperbody back at release. If you dont do any this maybe your thumb is to far out on the rim?

A nose up throw with really good form will net you in the neighborhood of 350-380 feet of distance with the right discs.

That's not what we all want though, we want proper control over the disc with it nose down.

Most of the larger proponents of "nose up" come from from. Bad timing, bad follow through, to much muscling, not relaxed enough. leading with head.

There are tons of factors that will drive our swing to an air bounce or nose up throwing.

Nose up is one of the biggest struggles I have myself. It's difficult. Some people just have it so naturally, other people struggle with it.
Nose up throwing, if you ask me, is something you have to literally accept that you're doing first.
Secondly, you need to chill out and realize that its nose up and thats why you're not getting the distance, so relax, slow down, dont throw so hard.

3rd, literally stop throwing so hard.

Focus on a clean swing letting your body do the work.
And suddenly, nose down becomes a bit more easy because you're swinging with the body and stopping the tensions that help cause nose up.

So, then you're looking at 300-350 foot throws with 0 effort.
And then you can legit focus on the actual nose issue with the hand and a few other things, and you'll randomly throw 450+ by accident.

You know,
I'm not honestly sure how I feel about this video.

The video is more or less helping to teach you how to pop your wrist, not necessarily throw nose down.

I see a lot of people throw improper form with a similar technique to this on the course and they get so upset when they don't get distance. And they fuss, and you'll tell them "well, it was nose up"
And they will reply back with something like "it had a huge s curve, its not possible it was nose up."

I've seen more people throwing like scott is showing here in the video since the video came out.
I mean, if it works and they are happy for themselves, but... yeah..