• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Tournament fundraiser discs

PWaggoner

Double Eagle Member
So we have four months to make a bit of extra money for a tournament. We are thinking about buying a hundred of them with the club "mini's stamp" off set. If the disc was a pie we would cut it four ways and stick it on one of the slices. Also thinking there is three strategies for which discs to buy.

1. The newest discs i.e. Wombat, foxbat, thunderbird, nova, whale
2. Popular discs i.e. Destroyer, teebird, roc, aviar
3. Mix of both

What four discs would you think would sell the best? What plastics? Which quarter of the disc for the stamp?

I'm going with stamp in 3-6 o'clock section and:
1. Champion thunderbird
2. Star destroyer
3. Champion tern
4. Wombat (or vroc if available)

My reasons are a lot of people throw destroyers. They are great throwers. Seems like everyone is digging thunderbirds and not everyone has a champion yet. Terns are another popular seller. Then I put wombat because they are newest and you can get sales from the "gotta have them all" guys. I'd prolly say vroc but not sure if that's available or what. I picked drivers mostly because people lose those the most IMO. And there is always the guys that will just buy one of each because it's a cool club stamp.

Some suggestions I've received from fellow members. Thunderbirds, terns, destroyers, teebirds, aviars, stingray, flat top roc , roc3s

I argue against teebirds, aviars, flat top rocs because everyone seems to have a ton already if they throw them. Stingray is popular but I feel like most people throw dx stingray and if we did decide to go dx route the dx flat top rocs sell better. Doubt we could sell 25 dx stingray. Roc3 is popular but as a roc3 thrower I was able to acquire a number of them threw trades from last years tournament and feel atleast in my local group they are not nearly as popular as on dgcr. Most people seem to still throw a buzzz or a roc.

Go with some Firebirds, Teebirds, Destroyers, and Rocs. Get some glow and metal flake if you can.

If you get some metal flake FBs PM me.

I would echo Moose33... Firebirds in a wide range of weights, Teebirds 168-175g, Destroyers 168-175g, and Rocs 175-180g. Get them in quality plastics and people will be pleased.

Didn't even think of firebird. I'd say most people have a firebird in the bag. Good suggestion.

I just don't get the Destroyer fascination and not just because I can't confidentially wield one, at least not the OS version that denotes a true Destroyer. I can throw my old mold Beast as far or further than 90% of the players I see throw Destroyers so it seems to me a waste of space and weight in their bags and yes, I've seen some advanced and pros use them like weapons of war... damn them!

Even my mid 160's Wraiths stay in my bag unless my form is stellar enough to consistently outdistance a speed lower.

I vote Thunderbirds over Destroyers since they seem equally popular ATM and the former will lower scores more often than the latter.

Go with some Firebirds, Teebirds, Destroyers, and Rocs. Get some glow and metal flake if you can.
Change out Destroyers for Thunderbirds. That way you get one new, but popular mold, and the others are old reliable molds people like. I'd be far more likely to buy a Buzzz, Teebird or Volt to commemorate a tournament experience than something like a Wombat, Whale, Envy, Heat, or some other new disc that I would rather have the stock art on. But that is just one man's preference.

Yea I agree about the terns Matt. Feel like everyone has one in the bag.

So a updated list.

1. Metal flake champion firebird
2. Champ thunderbird
3. Champ tern
4. Flat top roc or teebird

Maybe try for a metal flake teebird too?

You should be able to get the thunderbird and the tern in glow champ. Gummy champ is cool too just because it's only available cfr.

Maybe an atlas in that 4th slot for people who already own all the avian discs and a selection of rocs. Plus you can maybe match the rim to your club stamp, which would look pretty cool.

Latest posts