• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

trash can donation for mpls area courses

mr.man

Hi I am the owner of jayspails. I sell clean 55 gallon plastic drums.

I have an abundance of drums and would like to donate to local courses.

Kinda getting sick of all the trash when I play!

Willow River State Park course was closed due to trash. I would like to help to keep these courses clean and open.

Here is my website. Jayspails.weebly.com

I wish I was closer, my course will be opened 2 years come july 4th and we I could sure use some bins on it. Its set in a park so there are some cans with shelters but its well out of the way from the course in most cases.

Just in case anyone gets the idea to take the initiative to just go put trash cans on a course - don't.

A trash can (or worse, plastic bag) that the parks department doesn't know about will just turn into a pile of beverage-soaked garbage.

Trash cans and bags are not portals to another dimension. Stuff placed in them doesn't magically disappear.

Cans and bags only make trash gravitate toward a certain spot.

A regularly and frequently scheduled route serviced by reliable trash collectors is the only thing that makes trash disappear.

If you want to put the cans out, be prepared for a lifetime responsibility of emptying them regularly - including recruiting others to cover for you when you're not available.

If you plan to take it home, make sure you are not violating local codes against disposing of non-household trash.

The only way I would donate trash cans is if I had met with the parks department or course owner and they told me the only thing stopping them from setting up a regular trash collection route is the lack of cans.

Just in case anyone gets the idea to take the initiative to just go put trash cans on a course - don't.

The only way I would donate trash cans is if I had met with the parks department or course owner and they told me the only thing stopping them from setting up a regular trash collection route is the lack of cans.

I second this

Go to the parks departments first. Even though the ops intentions seem genuine putting anything on parks property without permission is a bad idea.

Give everybody on league night a small plastic bag to pick up trash on league night once every couple months if you don't like the garbage.

In my case the course a designed and installed is in a county park with 13 shelters. The shelters have cans but the course does not. Im aware I or members of my club would be the ones emptying the trash but we could easily put those bags into a shelter can.