• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trey and Selah

JohtoVillage

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I am playing these courses this week. To be exact, I am playing Selah Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning and then Trey on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. Any tips, thoughts, suggestions? Anyone around want to play a round? Thanks for the thoughts!

Bring spare discs for Selah. There are lots of water holes and unless you want to have 3 discs for the later rounds make sure you have some spares. lol

Thanks guys. I did get the cart at Selah and got the chance to play it today. Creekside was very unimpressive. Grass was very tall in the fairways. I loved the last 4 holes, though, and that made the round better. I put 3 discs in the drink between both courses and was able to get two of them back. Lakeside was awesome but some of the long tees were a little overgrown. It honestly looked like they hadn't been used in months.

It's unfortunate to hear that the grooming was in that state. When my brother and I visited in April, the groundskeeper said the course was in rough shape, but he told us where to start and then mowed ahead of us throughout the day, so we had perfect conditions. Not sure why you didn't get similar treatment.

The grooming really impacts the enjoyability of these four courses, because there are so many open and longer shots. While we got a well-mowed Selah, Trey was very rough during our visit. If you're worried about the grooming, I'd say start with Texas Twist (which is in the field/wooded patch to your right as you drive up the road approaching the "saloon"), since the wooded portion of Texas Twist was a) in better shape than the rest of the courses when I visited, presumably because the grass grows less with less sunlight, and b) that wooded stretch is the best part of Trey Texas.

Hope you get some more enjoyment out of it and find it worth your while. I personally thought Creekside was a great course but not mindblowing, and much preferred Lakeside and Texas Twist to it. I found Trey Deuce to be the weakest course of the four, but there are a few great holes, especially 7 and 18 (which is nuts).

I will let you know how Trey goes today. Its not like Creekside was in "rough" shape or anything, but the the grass was longer in the fairways and in the general the course was just a little rough. If the course was immaculate I could see upgrading my rating to a 4.0 so it was still a fun course.