• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trip to northern Idaho/Spokane

techn9cian4life

Double Eagle Member
So this summer, either july or august, and friend and I will be journeying to upstate idaho and spokane and playing courses on the way. Ive already spoken to a couple members already bout meeting up but itd be awesome to get a huge group for my first DGCR meet. Whos with me??? :thmbup:

Depending on my new job schedule, I am in!! I have played a few Spokane area courses, but I really still need to play Farragut, and Highbridge. And you can never play enough of at Gordys place (4 mound), that place will kick your arse, and make you like it!!!

Also, don't forget you have to play Corbin, Cherry Hill (since it was reconfigured this year) and the new Sandpoint course as well. I'm totally down to take people around these places.

Also, don't forget you have to play Corbin, Cherry Hill (since it was reconfigured this year) and the new Sandpoint course as well. I'm totally down to take people around these places.

I'm willing to play whatever courses you wanna show us Haha Whole point of this trip to discover first hand what is out there besides Ann Morrison Park here in Boise. That's the only "legit" 18 hole course I have ever played. All the others are only "Winter 18s" that get taken down in March, but once December/January hits it's always below 20 degrees all day long and not really in the mood to play a full 18 hole round.

Hopefully by time everyone comes up here, the baskets will be in the Camp Sekani course in the Spokane Valley as well. The baskets are here, the pads are laid, the anchors are in. The only thing that is keeping the baskets from being in happens to be the city being difficult for some reason. Which sucks because it will be the first 18 hole in the nation to have the Vortex baskets. Who would think Spokane would make history?

Last edited:
Hopefully by time everyone comes up here, the baskets will be in the Camp Sekani course in the Spokane Valley as well. The baskets are here, the pads are laid, the anchors are in. The only thing that is keeping the baskets from being in happens to be the city being difficult for some reason. Which sucks because it will be the first 18 hole in the nation to have the Vortex baskets. Who would think Spokane would make history?

Damn those baskets look bad ass.

Yep totally down too. I mean it's only 40 minutes from my house to get to Farragut but there is nothing wrong with camping at that place, maybe get some early morning fishing in before the destruction of chains begins

The only thing I'm worried about this trip... is me having a car to drive with decent MPG. I drive a 98' Chevy Lumina LTZ, which would be fine cause it gets about 16-17mpg.. but it also has 150,000 miles.. Lol Not sure if I wanna take an 8 hour road trip in that thing. My friend drives a 2004 Chevy Colorado pickup. I think it gets about the same amount of MPG. Now, if his parents would be awesome and let us drive their little Kia that gets over 30mpg.. than we'd be good to go Lol

So talked it over with my friend and we're thinking about going to Portland first for a couple days.. then over to the Spokane/Farragut area for a couple days.. then from there going back down south, past Boise by about an hour, and go to Twin Falls and playing the few courses they have there.. and then finally going home Haha I heard Portland is a good place to visit/play DG so that's why it got discussed.

I am hoping to have my baskets the end of this month.

We have 6 regular baskets and 3 hanging baskets that we are making. You play each basket 2x but from totally different direction and it never seems like you are replaying a hole.

Latest posts