• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two New Discs

jdw80550

* Ace Member *
So I just dyed a couple of new discs. The purple armadillo is a z-XL, and the old man is a lat64 medius premier. I had a little bleeding on the edges. Tell me what you think and how to solve my bleeding problem.

Attachments

• IMAG0205.jpg
    IMAG0205.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 54
That Lat Medius is probably pretty domey, right? I have a hard time controlling bleeds near the edges of domey plastic due to the vinyl stretching/folding out of whack. Nowadays I just refuse to dye domey plastic, or just do something small in the middle.

Imagine an extreme example, trying to get vinyl neatly applied to a sphere. (heck, give it a shot with a bowling ball) There would be more wrinkles than all AARP combined.

Yeah that Medius is super domey. That makes a whole lot of sense, most of the disc that bleed on me are the domey-er discs. Thanks for the help.

That would be F-in awesome if there was this monumental market shift of preference towards flat discs just because the dyers all refused to ink the domey ones!

Disencumbering the world of naked plastic one dye at a time.

Man I wish I could think of cool sounding words like that, I guess I inhaled too much acetone. Fight the power!

I have no idea on the bleeding, but that XL is making me feel all funny inside, like when I see a pretty girl ..

Latest posts