• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tyyni 2019

Tyyni sponsored by Latitude 64 Sipoo, Finland June 27th - 29th, 2019 Sibbe Disc Golf Hole 18
What the heck? Can this be right? Does this hole give out a lot of 2s and a 13? How?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tyyni18.png
    Tyyni18.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 125
Based on watching the final round live coverage I'd say it's due to a small island green surrounded by OB. Short or right and you have to re-tee. Resulted in a Tin Cup scenario for some players.

Yeah, the hole requires an over 300 foot water carry for a 2 without a drop zone. The safe play around the pond (not an island hole) is also not that easy because of a relatively small landing zone. For example, Simon Lizotte re-teed twice because he went OB wide and didn't cross inbounds, then went OB long and took a 7.

Yeah the hole had a rectangular pond and the teebox was on one corner (bottom left if you view the pond from above) and the basket near the opposite corner (top right). Safe play was to go straight from the tee along the side of the pond and then throw to the green, but the safe area was only about ten meters wide from the edge of the pond so if you had the distance it was probably easier to throw over the pond. And if you failed you had to retee because advancing 10 meters would have caused you to throw from soft beach sand.

Sibbe-Disc-Golf-ratakartta-Tyyni-2019-web-01.jpg

OK, I guess this isn't a mistake then.

attachment.php

Attachments

• TyyniCharts.png
    TyyniCharts.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 95
I really hope that Eagle doesn't regret how he's treating that shoulder. I'd hate to see another one of my favorite player's career get ruined by injury. (Schusterick)

Yeah he said in the post-win interview that he didn't even throw at full power during the event. And still won...

Not throwing at full speed is often a good thing. . .and i think Eagle has learned to dial his power down a little over the last couple of years. . and has started to win

Latest posts