• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

U.S. Senator is a disc golfer

Congress ≠ Senate

;)

Never claimed Congress = the Senate.
The United States Congress is the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States consisting of two houses: the Senate and the House of Representatives.

both, Senators and members of the HOR, can appropriately be called congressmen* ;)

*unless, said Senator or Rep is female... but let's not go down that road. :p

Last edited:
Any one person does not a trend make. Even one man in a group of 100. It is nice, but it isn't something of real significance as much as it is an outlier. Any one senator through the `80s or `90s could have picked up a disc and been a casual thrower. Just because it didn't happen doesn't make this indicative of trends, even if we correlate it as throwers out of a want for more positive news to stack on top of recent trends indicating disc sports are growing in popularity.

Had no thought of "trends" when I posted. Just felt that your claim that "alone one senator means little" was sort of downplaying the potential advantage of having someone in such a position being a disc golfer. I don't know anyone else who can tack on to a bill something like, oh maybe "National Disc Golf Week", or propose to set aside 1% of all federal land for disc golfing. Or, no child left behind disc golf funding.

Not saying he will push it, just saying he's in a great position to do so.

before he was the majority whip in NC, Thom and I had a number of conversations on the phone about Bailey as I was building it. I think I still have his phone number, probably not appropriate to call it...(or give it to trump) but it would be neat to get some Raleigh funding sent over to Charlotte for DG course upgrades!!

Had no thought of "trends" when I posted. Just felt that your claim that "alone one senator means little" was sort of downplaying the potential advantage of having someone in such a position being a disc golfer. I don't know anyone else who can tack on to a bill something like, oh maybe "National Disc Golf Week", or propose to set aside 1% of all federal land for disc golfing. Or, no child left behind disc golf funding.

Not saying he will push it, just saying he's in a great position to do so.

I think it's interesting---in a celebrity sense, and in a surprise sense of someone you wouldn't think of as a disc golfer.

Though for helping disc golf, it's much better to have a mayor who plays.

Last year I was playing Kentwood with my dad and bumped in to then-Speaker Tillis at hole #1. I work in politics, so I know him. We played 18 together. Next time I see him, I'll ask him about federal money for disc golf course improvements. hahaha

Last edited:
Last year I was playing Kentwood with my dad and bumped in to then-Speaker Tillis at hole #1. I work in politics, so I know him. We played 18 together. Next time I see him, I'll ask him about federal money for disc golf course improvements. hahaha

We need that DOD budget