• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Underworld

unkindnessofcrows

Par Member
Does anyone know if there is a dramatic difference in flight between VIP and Tournament plastic Underworlds? I have the TP Underworld and like the consistent understability. Just wondering if the VIP is more or less stable. Thanks.

The VIP I had was noticeably more stable than my TP. Usually this is the case with Westside's plastic and with Latitude's Opto and GL. Stick with the TP is you want it to be more flippy.

Not to be contrary, but my experience with Underworld is exactly the opposite - VIP is flippy, TP less so. This is the only mold where I've noticed this.

It could be my VIP was a freak, and I've only thrown 1, but the TPs are pretty consistent for the 3 or so I've tried: US flight path, but not fliptastic.

Uh oh, we have a controversy. Time to start calling each names, and igniting a flame war!

You liar. Jerk! ;)

All that I an add to this is the fact I had a pink 172 TP Underworld that was a flippy piece of junk. It just turned and burned. I used it for rollers awhile, but eventually sold it. I recently picked up a hatchet that was more of what I was looking for. Generally VIP would be more stable, but PLH and dome are also really important regarding the actual flight. This particular Underworld was super flat, nearly concave...and I have no idea about PLH.

You're all jerks.

I've thrown a ton of Underworlds in both plastics, and for me VIPs have always been a notch more stable than Tourneys.

You're all jerks.

I've thrown a ton of Underworlds in both plastics, and for me VIPs have always been a notch more stable than Tourneys.

Like I said Sloppy/Qikly, I've only thrown 1 VIP, and it might not define the mold. Jerk :)

Rivers are certainly more flippy in GL, as are Saints, and Stags in TP, so I need a broader sample size for Underworlds.

I have both an opto and gl flow of the same weight, and the opto always seems to be less stable for me when I throw it, which is rarely, because it's less consistent. My Rivers and Halos were always more stable in opto though.

I don't even know where my Underworld is?
So there, what do you say about that?
It was a heavy VIP it was more stable than what I was looking for.

I don't even know where my Underworld is?
So there, what do you say about that?
It was a heavy VIP it was more stable than what I was looking for.

I guess I don't understand why people go for heavy versions of understable discs...wouldn't you want it light so it turns easier? Not trolling, just trying to pose a legit question

I guess I don't understand why people go for heavy versions of understable discs...wouldn't you want it light so it turns easier? Not trolling, just trying to pose a legit question

Different weights just help you fine tune the stability you want. I don't throw my Underworld for much of anything other than rollers these days, but when I was using it more regularly a max weight VIP made a great, slightly more stable complement to a high 160s TP.

Heavy understable discs are still easy to turn, and they are less affected by wind (wind isn't always coming from in front of you ;)).

They are also better for rollers because a heavy disc goes over bumps with less deflection and carries more momentum to keep rolling.

My personal opinion, a little more weight helps control how much over or under stability you want in the particular throw.

I think lighter overstable discs are harder to control, more weight helps me power thru the overstability so it will kick in later in the flight.

With understable discs, I want more weight in the rim so I can dial in different amounts of rotation at release depending on how far I want the anny to travel and how much turn I want.

My personal opinion, a little more weight helps control how much over or under stability you want in the particular throw.

I think lighter overstable discs are harder to control, more weight helps me power thru the overstability so it will kick in later in the flight.

With understable discs, I want more weight in the rim so I can dial in different amounts of rotation at release depending on how far I want the anny to travel and how much turn I want.

i can tell the difference between my 2 furys with about 8g difference

Latest posts