• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upcoming Texas Tourneys

There are 2 Texas Tourneys coming up this weekend and next out here in West Texas. Both just one day events.

1st Oct. 18th
Screamin Disc Championships
Sweetwater, Texas
2 rounds of 18 with a final 9 to follow.
fmi: Junior Hernandez 325-864-1693

This is one of West Texas' best courses in my opinion. Baskets are a little rough, but they are in talks with the City to get 18 new Mach Vs if this event goes well, and they go 2 day next year.

2nd Oct. 25th
Luck of the Draw
C teir
Odessa, Texas
2 rounds of 21
online signs up through titlediscs.com
fmi: Justin Cartwright 325-277-6350
added cash for pros, and full size CNC discs for trophies.

They done a lot of work on this course the past 2 weeks, sounds like it's going to be harder than it was last year.

*this is a little last minute, but...

18th Annual Veteran's Park Open
November 1-2, 2008
Veteran's Park - Arlington, TX
PDGA A-Tier Event

Here's what I know so far...Saturday will be 2 rounds of 24 holes (several "original" holes have been reinstalled for this event) and Sunday will have 1 round of the Champion 24 layout. After the event, there will be a "Keystone Beer Lounge" with a free keg, following by a round of Ace in the Oaks...a short putter course "ace race" with cash payout (plus added cash) to the winner.

This is one of the best courses if the DFW...lots of elevation, good variety, and with a killer champion layout! I remember reading in one of the last issues of the old PDGA mag that the VPO is one of the richest events in the country!

Here's a link to the PDGA forum thread about the VPO: PDGA VPO Thread

Registration is available at Titledisc.com

I played veterans back in July for the first time at the Spring Fling, very fun course to play....If we didn't have 2 back to back weekend tourneys the 2 weeks before this one. I'd be heading back up to Big D for this one. But 3 weekends in a row, plus Texas Teams coming up is just to much.

I do think we have one guy heading up for it from here though.

Piney Woods Pro-Am V
December 6-7
Tyler, Texas
PDGA B Tier

always a great tournament on two very nice courses.

online registration at titledisc.com.

hayden said:
Piney Woods Pro-Am V
December 6-7
Tyler, Texas
PDGA B Tier

I definitely hope to make this one! I've never played the event before, but I've heard only good things. I got to play both courses a few years ago, and they're both very fun with some interesting shots. I heard a rumor about a 3rd course coming soon...any truth to that?

hayden said:
Piney Woods Pro-Am V
December 6-7
Tyler, Texas
PDGA B Tier

Anyone else from DGR playing this one? I know we've got a few in the general area...

RustyP said:
hayden said:
Piney Woods Pro-Am V
December 6-7
Tyler, Texas
PDGA B Tier

Anyone else from DGR playing this one? I know we've got a few in the general area...

i'll be there and we have got quite a few coming to this one. it is always a great time. from what was said on the pdga discussion site, they are expecting it to fill quickly so register early, you wont be disappointed.

rusty, texarkana planning on coming?

also, i did hear the rumor of the third course being approved by the city but i dont know when it is going in.

hayden said:
RustyP said:
hayden said:
Piney Woods Pro-Am V
December 6-7
Tyler, Texas
PDGA B Tier

i'll be there and we have got quite a few coming to this one. it is always a great time. from what was said on the pdga discussion site, they are expecting it to fill quickly so register early, you wont be disappointed.

rusty, texarkana planning on coming?

also, i did hear the rumor of the third course being approved by the city but i dont know when it is going in.

Looks like it'll just be me, unless anyone changes their mind. I'm definitely gonna pre-register, just need to figure out where I'm staying first. Camping sound cool, but for $15 more I can have a bed and a continental breakfast...choices :?

Saturday, December 13th - Crowley, TX (near Ft. Worth)
@ Bincentennial Park (Course Review/Pics)
Dynamic Discs presents the Bob Robertson Memorial
A PDGA B-Tier Event

2 rounds of 21 holes - all pins in the short positions to help speed things up. All divisions will play Round 1 from the Red tees, and Round 2 from the White tees.

Lunch provided for all players. Ring Of Fire after the event (if you've played a Dynamic Discs event, you know the provide some nice prizes).

Pre-registration is recommended...the event is expected to fill before 12/13. Registration will soon be up at TitleDisc.com, or you can contact the TDs:

Jeremy Rusco
[email protected]
620-786-5314

Brice Longerbone
[email protected]
817-297-1077

Here's a link to the PDGA thread w/ a flyer: PDGA.com

I'll likely be at that one. I planned on playing the one in Tyler too, but it seems someone set up a small tourney at my home course veterans the same day, so I'll likely be out there.

Its a tournament organized by NORML. I think its december 6th. All I've seen is a flyer at the park actually.

Blink said:
I'll likely be at that one. I planned on playing the one in Tyler too, but it seems someone set up a small tourney at my home course veterans the same day, so I'll likely be out there.

Its a tournament organized by NORML. I think its december 6th. All I've seen is a flyer at the park actually.

A tourney organized by NORML...exactly what disc golf needs to pull away from that stoner stereotype :lol: :? :(

I'm not sure about Tyler yet...trying to find a cheap way to stay the night without sleeping in my car ;) If I can't make it to that one, I'll definitely play the event in Crowley.

I'll be in Tyler, I live in Nacogdoches, so this is the closest PDGA tourney all year apart from our local B-Tier in April. I signed up as soon as it was up on titledisc.
Our local club is sponsoring this tourney as well, so our crew will be out there in full force.
Nice technical courses with some long wholes in there (one is over 1000ft!)

Anyone from Austin planning on heading up to Crowley this weekend, and interested in riding together?

anyone know of any tourneys coming up in the Austin area?? I finally after almost 10 years of playing signed up for the PDGA and Im ready to get some tourney action

There is a tourny on wednesday, which is a last chance to get some rated rounds before the new year, though i'm not quite sure when it is. Jan. 17th is the san marcos Ice Bowl, which I know little about and its an X-tier which means no ratings, but it may be a good place to go play and size yourself up so you'll know what division to play in (i know this is something you had mentioned being concerned about). Also, Team Justice's HOTT tour will be up and running soon (likely around March) and all their events are w/in an hour of Austin, and they host some great events. I highly recommend these. As for others keep an eye on the pdga's tour schedule page: http://pdga.com/tour-schedule?startMonth=3&startYear=2009

curt said:
There is a tourny on wednesday, which is a last chance to get some rated rounds before the new year, though i'm not quite sure when it is. Jan. 17th is the san marcos Ice Bowl, which I know little about and its an X-tier which means no ratings, but it may be a good place to go play and size yourself up so you'll know what division to play in (i know this is something you had mentioned being concerned about). Also, Team Justice's HOTT tour will be up and running soon (likely around March) and all their events are w/in an hour of Austin, and they host some great events. I highly recommend these. As for others keep an eye on the pdga's tour schedule page: http://pdga.com/tour-schedule?startMonth=3&startYear=2009

cery cool! thanks for the info curt

There are plenty of good events in the Dallas / Ft Worth area...pretty much every month of the year :D You Austin guys should load up the van and make a roadtrip some weekend...if I knew you doods were coming up, I'd make it a point to head West and play with yous guyses. There are a few people from this board who live in the DFW, so we could have a mini DGR family reunion...or "union" rather, since most of us have never met in person.

RustyP said:
There are plenty of good events in the Dallas / Ft Worth area...pretty much every month of the year :D You Austin guys should load up the van and make a roadtrip some weekend...if I knew you doods were coming up, I'd make it a point to head West and play with yous guyses. There are a few people from this board who live in the DFW, so we could have a mini DGR family reunion...or "union" rather, since most of us have never met in person.

Now that sounds like one helluva a plan, holmes. I acutally am trying to plan a way to do some traveling to some Texas tourneys so hopefully some of us A-town locals plus anyone in the surrounding area can all gather up and take over some of the tourneys this year!

I can hear it now....."Those crazy DGRers are here again, there goes my chance of winning" hahahaha...It would be sweet to have at least one of us place at each tourney.

Yeah I've only seen a couple DGR'ers, and I see Scooter at most big tourneys around here. I think most of them are just hidin, I saw Rusty's name at the last Crowley tournament I just haven't gone lookin for him yet lol.

Latest posts