• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uphill Shots

I really like using a lighter star Boss for uphill shots that also dogleg. You can just hurl the thing straight at the hill and it'll skip right up.. Outside of that scenario I use an SL for open uphill shots and a Mako for tree filled ones.

From pin looking at tee Hole #14 Hyland Ski & Snowboard Area-- black diamond ski slope...550' of hell. Try throwing your fast over-stable discs here and you will get to the top ready to pass out. Much easier to throw the understable and even mids... Have seen a few pro's bust out rollers even!

Attachments

• 35392_538406284271_194002943_31537556_1988059_n.jpg
    35392_538406284271_194002943_31537556_1988059_n.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 33
I can't throw anything too high speed like a Boss. So I need an understable, stable, or overstable disc? Im a little confused now lol.

I can't throw anything too high speed like a Boss. So I need an understable, stable, or overstable disc? Im a little confused now lol.

understable is best. specially with a steep hill you cannot do the same run-up as normal and nearly impossible to throw a overstable disc as far. Also anhyzer lines are often preferred due to the glide being forward and less fade along the slope of the hill as a hyzer.

Uphill

When you said uphill I thought of this. One of my home courses.

Yeah that is quite a hill and it seems they are all throwing under stable discs to get up there. For short uphill holes (200'-275') I would throw my tomahawk. As long as the landing zone isn't steep. Otherwise I would be throwing my 167g valk.