• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC 2023 - 25th edition

No island shot on 13 kinda sucks - that's iconic IMO. Not '888' anymore either :(
This change on hole 13 was made last year, 2022.

But new for 2023, this year there will be going back to having A and B basket positions on hole 13.

There's 25 dollar package for non subscribers 2023 USDGC PayPerView Package

I'm curious though if it's free for subscribers? Since the monthly subscription is less than 25 so why wouldn't I just get a one month sub instead?

How can I watch the livestream?
Disc Golf Network is our proud broadcast partner. You can subscribe to DGN on their website. Current subscribers can access all content for free.

I'm fond of this tournament for all its particularities. I wonder if they could lean even more heavily into the Holes-as-US States concept.

Yeah, I even did an actual Google search for the results but didn't get it right...I thought it was odd to see Sarah Cunningham qualify for Throw Pink

Anyone have the distance results for USDGC and TP? I can't find them anywhere. TIA
Looks like there will be a DGN post produced video of the distance comp. Haven't seen results posted anywhere. Saw a video of Babcock yeeting one 603 however.

Disc Golf Network is our proud broadcast partner. You can subscribe to DGN on their website. Current subscribers can access all content for free.
I won't give a dime to DGN/DGPT. This continues to make this the least relevant event of the year, ensuring that zero eyes, outside of disc golfers, can see our nations disc golf championships. Seems exclusion is the bigger goal.

I won't give a dime to DGN/DGPT. This continues to make this the least relevant event of the year, ensuring that zero eyes, outside of disc golfers, can see our nations disc golf championships. Seems exclusion is the bigger goal.
Pretty sure that Innova owns USDGC and the PDGA controls/runs the majors. The DGPT should have no involvement, technically, but maybe they do in some form. Maybe DGN bought the exclusive rights to be the media coverage/live stream/post produced. I remember a few years back Innova had its own paywall for USDGC that even DGN subscribers had to pay for. I definitely could be wrong, my memory isn't what it used to be.

Pretty sure that Innova owns USDGC and the PDGA controls/runs the majors. The DGPT should have no involvement, technically, but maybe they do in some form. Maybe DGN bought the exclusive rights to be the media coverage/live stream/post produced. I remember a few years back Innova had its own paywall for USDGC that even DGN subscribers had to pay for. I definitely could be wrong, my memory isn't what it used to be.
I think its gone from Innova having their own partner that they streamed through.... to being on DGN with an additional fee even for DGN subscribers.... to now being available to all DGN subscribers.

Climo joins the broadcast fulltime - love it. His back-and-forth with Hanna McBeth a few years ago seemed very natural and he made great course insights. Between him and Philo (who is among the best at walking/understanding the course pre-tourny) I think we'll have one of the better announcing crews ever put together.

Ken Climo to Join USDGC Broadcast Booth Full-Time - Ultiworld Disc Golf

Thanks for the info! Looks like post production will be on YouTube 14 days after the fact so I may just try to hold out for that

I look forward to watching this weekend. Climo can definitely add a ton of insight. I personally like the Ian, Philo, Earhart trio. They are easy to listen to but also easy to tune out and just watch disc golf. I fear that Climo will be like listening to Chris Collinsworth.

Thanks to whoever posted the caddybook, this will be a great resource to pair with watching live coverage.

I think the exclusion of next day production is a huge bummer. Many of us have been watching this tournament for over a decade free. Green splatter had a good article recently about the USDGC at Winthrop, in that this has always hinged on Winthrop having the additional space, and that isn't always going to be the case, and the day it isn't there might be any year, ala WR Jackson. Worth a read.

Climo joins the broadcast fulltime - love it. His back-and-forth with Hanna McBeth a few years ago seemed very natural and he made great course insights. Between him and Philo (who is among the best at walking/understanding the course pre-tourny) I think we'll have one of the better announcing crews ever put together.

Ken Climo to Join USDGC Broadcast Booth Full-Time - Ultiworld Disc Golf
They'll also have Juliana Korver doing FPO for Throw Pink. That's pretty awesome having the two.