• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Used Fleet Farm/Costco baskets: how much?

Krusen

Birdie Member
I have an opportunity to buy three of these in used condition.
http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Outdo...=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1381248538&sr=1-1

Discs are not included (so sad /sarc). Almost all of the chains are rusted on one of the baskets. A few links are rusty on another, and the third basket is pretty rust free. One of the bases is bent a bit. They have been stored outside for a few years at least.

I was thinking of offering $80 for the three, and going up to $100 of he balks. What do you think is a fair offer?

Offer $80, if he doesn't take it, $100 is more than fair.

And if you were anywhere near me, I'd buy the good one for $50 or either of the others for 35, making the left overs a little cheaper for you.

Before I saw these replies I texted him a $100 offer for all three. He says he wants to keep one and says $100 for two. So I'm thinking $80 for the best two. We'll see. Thanks guys.

Unless they are in horrible shape less than $60/basket is a steal. It would cost you $100 for one of the coscto new after tax/shipping/time spent so assuming they are not rusted to hell, paint is cheap..

The Costco in Cincinnati had them a couple months ago for $40 new with three ultra cool discs....

That was a great deal. Even so, I would not got much more than that for used ones. Less, if they still had the three discs with them :D

I have a hard time believing these were only $40 and no one on here knew...? I am really doubting your facts and to say you would not go much more than that for used is ridiculous. These baskets are great for what they are.

You know fabric pop-up umbrella like targets sell for $100 +/- . . . and you are worried $40-60 for a REAL basket is too much?! You can hardly buy the materials at a hardware store for under $50 to build one. WOW'

He agreed to sell the two less rusty ones for $80.
Sweet. Now I have 5 altogther. Those two, one skillshot, one Mach Lite, and one like this...
http://www.amazon.com/Triumph-Sport...sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1381328351&sr=1-18
...that I got for $25 on clearance

Next stop, 9

I TD a tournament every year (this year was the 7th) where we set up a temp 18 in the morning and augment the local 9 with another 9 in the afternoon. Lots of work, but lots of fun too. Also I don't yet have, but plan to get some acreage so I can have my own 9 holer someday.

The Costco in Cincinnati had them a couple months ago for $40 new with three ultra cool discs....

That was a great deal. Even so, I would not got much more than that for used ones. Less, if they still had the three discs with them :D

Deerfield Township or Tri-County? Seeing as how you're in Columbus, I'm guessing Deerfield. For $40, I could stand to get a third basket.

I have a hard time believing these were only $40 and no one on here knew...? I am really doubting your facts and to say you would not go much more than that for used is ridiculous. These baskets are great for what they are.

You know fabric pop-up umbrella like targets sell for $100 +/- . . . and you are worried $40-60 for a REAL basket is too much?! You can hardly buy the materials at a hardware store for under $50 to build one. WOW'

Sorry, I was wrong. They were not $40, they were $39.97.

And yes, they are fine (I bought one and use it for putting practice). My point was that these do come up sometimes for genuinely cheap prices, and used/rusty ones should be a better deal than what you get new.

Attachments

• 2013073195144633.jpg
    2013073195144633.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 63
Deerfield Township or Tri-County? Seeing as how you're in Columbus, I'm guessing Deerfield. For $40, I could stand to get a third basket.

It was Tri-County. It was a few months ago, probably clearancing them out. I did not see them in Cbus.

...that's crazy? not sure why the ones in MN are still $80 and doesn't even look like that's a sale price. I would have bought them all and doubled up my $ lol I don't think finding these for $40 is the retail price which is what I am referring to. $100 for two used baskets of any kind is a good deal.

$40 new for one of these is ridiculous. has to be a mistake?

dang, I'm going to have to check out our CostCo in Grafton now...that's a price I can't pass up...

Just checking my records... It was at the end of July that I made that purchase. I don't know how or why, but it did ring up properly.

I already have a Traveler, and I don't have the room for a course, so I only bought one.

In retrospect, buying one for Secret Santa would have been fun. Not sure what the shipping would be, tho!

$40 for new? Dang. Oh well. I don't live near a Fleet Farm or Costco so the chances of me coming across that deal is pretty low. I doubt Amazon would ever have them that low. Like somebody said, you can't hardy buy the materials for that. Thanks again guys.

My wife just edumacated me on Costco's pricing. If a price ends in .97, it's a markdown. .99 is normal pricing, and there's special rule for other numbers as well.

http://lenrapoport.hubpages.com/hub/Secret-Codes-Will-Save-You-Money-At-Costco

Knowing that, the baskets at the Costco I went to were marked down to get rid of them.

Just interesting information (interesting to me at least)...

They were selling those baskets up here in Canada as well. I bought 3 at $80 each. They were marked down to 40 a few months later, so I took my receipt in and they refunded me $40 for each basket. I bought two more and gave them away at a C-tier I hosted in July. They were an amazing deal, and with another $20 invested in chain and hooks, they catch discs really well.

They were selling those baskets up here in Canada as well. I bought 3 at $80 each. They were marked down to 40 a few months later, so I took my receipt in and they refunded me $40 for each basket. I bought two more and gave them away at a C-tier I hosted in July. They were an amazing deal, and with another $20 invested in chain and hooks, they catch discs really well.

In Ontario they were discounted down to $20. I pick some up for raffles @ my Ace Race.

Latest posts