• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Valley

Skins

Par Member
The old thread cannot be replied to so I started this one.

I've got 40-50 throws in now on a Valley at 172 firm. Liking the stability so far. very trustable into wind, great glide and fairly fast for a 46 mph disk.

I have no idea what speed I'm throwing it at, but it seems to do just what the flight pic says it should do on the back of the disk.

I'd give it a rating of 9 5 0 2, at least mine is. I'm getting it out to 330 feet with some turn, not a lot, and a consistent fade.

Far out badass color mix job too.:thmbup:

I could actually see playing a whole round with this disc and my Axiom Envy.

I'd give it a rating of 9 5 0 2, at least mine is. I'm getting it out to 330 feet with some turn, not a lot, and a consistent fade.

I threw one for a bride bash, and I disagree with your assessment here.

It's a lot closer to an eagle-L than a PD. So closer to a 7/4/-1/2.5 in my opinion. Definitely has some high speed turn out of the box but still decent fade. Glide is lacking, it gets to the ground fast when it starts to slow down.

Probably the most versatile of the vibram fairways and a decent disc. Definitely not a speed 9 though.

^^^agreed

It does fade a bit more than a 1, and does not have much glide. I had two, both were the same to me. Good disc though!

I've thrown my Valleys a lot, and my experience is pretty much the same as VictorB's. It's a disc that gives a lot of accurate feedback on form and is very versatile. I played a one disc round with it this morning, and found it to be a real good putter as well.

The Valley is supposed to have the Lace-like flight plate with distributed mass to the rim... I will buy that based on how it feels in the hand. Also noted that the Valley has a dumpy fade sort of the way gyroscopically enhanced discs do, so this is consistent with my first observation.

I find this disc fairly dependable in cross-winds. Slow and controllable like Leopard, but it seems far more consistent across a range of conditions.

My Valley doesn't fade as much as my Dragon, other wise they're similar. The first Valley I had was a bit of a lemon and I'd rate it as 7/4/0/2. My son's Valley--and the second Valley I got--I'd rate at 7/4.5/-1.5/1.5.

Latest posts