• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Vapor Method Special Edition?

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
Found this today. (No ink.) Threw it a few times, and it's noticeably less OS than I expected from the 0 3 flight numbers. The plastic reminds me of Kastaplast K1 Soft (i.e. very flexible). What makes this a Special Edition?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220903_145947.jpg
    20220903_145947.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 31
How would you describe the flight?

I would give it -0.5 turn and 1.5-2 fade. Just a little more stable (both HSS & LSS) than my (similar weight) Neutron Hex.

And I'm guessing that my Hex is more beat-in.

Oh, OK...

Does yours feel & fly like I described, too?

I would give it -0.5 turn and 1.5-2 fade. Just a little more stable (both HSS & LSS) than my (similar weight) Neutron Hex.

And I'm guessing that my Hex is more beat-in.

Your description is pretty fair, but the one Neutron Hex I've thrown was much less stable. In between an Buzzz and an Origin.. My Vapor Method is more stable than the new MD3, but maybe not enough to call it 3 fade. Nowhere near a Mutant. More stable than a Champ Roc3, less stable than a Lucid Verdict. I haven't thrown an MD4, so maybe close to that?

The Vapor Lux Method is more a 2 fade than a 3.
I have thrown the Method in every plastic and it throws like an Innova MD3 with more glide.
The ones I have thrown have not lived up to the 3 fade.
The C-Line MD4 is more like 2.5 for fade.
The new Swedish MD3 is an honest 1 and the Mutant is a true 4 for fade.
My Hex, although I've not thrown it a bunch, compares well to the Swedish MD3.

Last edited:
The Vapor Lux Method is more a 2 fade than a 3.
I have thrown the Method in every plastic and it throws like an Innova MD3 with more glide.
The ones I have thrown have not lived up to the 3 fade.
The C-Line MD4 is more like 2.5 for fade.
The new Swedish MD3 is an honest 1 and the Mutant is a true 4 for fade.
My Hex, although I've not thrown it a bunch, compares well to the Swedish MD3.

I'd like to find something a touch more stable than my Vapor Method. (I like the feel of my Vapor Method, but it's just not different enough from my Neutron Hex to make it worth carrying both.) I don't want to sacrifice too much distance/glide, though. And I'd like something with a forward gliding fade (as opposed to a dumpy fade).

I tried a Lucid Emac Truth for this slot, but it flies nearly identically to my Vapor Method. I want something just a tick more stable, (but not crazy OS).

Reading.your post, it sounds like the Neo Method doesn't fly like a 0, 3 either. The C-line MD4 sounded promising, but I'd be sacrificing some glide/distance.

Thoughts?

I'd like to find something a touch more stable than my Vapor Method. (I like the feel of my Vapor Method, but it's just not different enough from my Neutron Hex to make it worth carrying both.) I don't want to sacrifice too much distance/glide, though. And I'd like something with a forward gliding fade (as opposed to a dumpy fade).

I tried a Lucid Emac Truth for this slot, but it flies nearly identically to my Vapor Method. I want something just a tick more stable, (but not crazy OS).

Reading.your post, it sounds like the Neo Method doesn't fly like a 0, 3 either. The C-line MD4 sounded promising, but I'd be sacrificing some glide/distance.

Thoughts?

The Innova-made MD3, not the flat runs but the more domey ones, are more stable than the DM MD3 and will fly/glide better than an MD4.
If you can find an Innova Mid-Disc3, also called Metal Warrior (that is the old Innova-made MD3), I believe that might fit the slot that you're looking for. It's what I use.

The Innova-made MD3, not the flat runs but the more domey ones, are more stable than the DM MD3 and will fly/glide better than an MD4.
If you can find an Innova Mid-Disc3, also called Metal Warrior (that is the old Innova-made MD3), I believe that might fit the slot that you're looking for. It's what I use.

Champion or Star?

Champion are going to be more stable, heavier weights are going to be more stable.