• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram.....boots?

Where do you get boots with Vibram soles? And do they only make boot soles or other types of shoes as well? I am in the market for some new boots and/or shoes so I am curious.

They're all over the place. Merrill's all have Vibram soles, I have a pair of North Face trail shoes i use for DG (I forgot what model they are). There are others, just look for the Vibram logo on the sole, it's usually yellow. :thmbup:

Yup my disc golf shoes are Merrells, with a Vibram sole. They got the rubber game on lock.

Heh, my reaction was opposite of the OP. After associating Vibram with boot soles for years I joined the disc golf community and said: "Vibram .....discs?". LOL

Heh, my reaction was opposite of the OP. After associating Vibram with boot soles for years I joined the disc golf community and said: "Vibram .....discs?". LOL

Same here. I like their boot soles better than their disc tho. Thier dics just feel strange to me.

Innova makes pet food :popcorn:

http://www.innovapet.com
I wonder if this has something to do with their inconsistency issues. :D

All wildfire fighters' boots must have Vibram soles by federal law. Its the only sole that won't melt off your feet. Gotta learn not to stand too long in one place or you'll get a hot-foot, though.
Vibram soles now come in patterns other than the classic lugged pattern.

Hi-Tec makes some lightweight, Vibram-soled boots that are great for rugged/wet courses.

Last edited:
I figured this was common knowledge...

http://www.vibram.com/index.php/us/VIBRAM/About-Us/The-History

Over 75 years of innovation
Vibram is the world leader in the production and sale of high performance rubber outsoles in the markets of sport, leisure, work footwear, orthopedic and repair.

The history of Vibram dates back to 1937, when Vitale Bramani, Academic of the Italian Alpine Club, returned from a tragic alpine climb and had the brilliant idea of developing rubber biking boot soles. These would be produced using the same technique used by Pirelli for the production of tires. As a result the first vulcanized rubber sole and the famous Carrarmato" design was born. This design went on to start a legacy of rubber sole designs changing footwear design forever.

This. :thmbup:

Although they do now make Five Fingers, which I love for warm weather DG

www.vibramfivefingers.com

Lontra coiuld be used for wet and/or snow. Speed XC is also supposed to be pretty waterproof. 6pm.com has teh XC for $65 (instead of 140) right now. Best I ever see on the Lontra is $120. I will probably pick up a pair of Lontra eventually if they get clearanced out heh.

Lontra coiuld be used for wet and/or snow. Speed XC is also supposed to be pretty waterproof. 6pm.com has teh XC for $65 (instead of 140) right now. Best I ever see on the Lontra is $120. I will probably pick up a pair of Lontra eventually if they get clearanced out heh.

Don't know where you are, but i have 2+ Feet of snow on the ground. Lontra would not help :D. Although I'm sure I'll be buying a pair for cooler, wetter spring and fall play.

I figured this was common knowledge...

Me too... I guess we're proven wrong.

Vibram has been around for awhile y'all. They specialize in shoe soles. Everything from hiking boots, work boots, ski boots, rock climbing shoes, water shoes, pretty much any shoe you can think of.

Just look for the little yellow rectangle thingy on the bottom of your shoes. All sorts of different shoe manufacturers have contracts with Vibram to make the soles. Chaco, Keene, etc...

I remember shoes touting Vibram soles (particularly work shoes and boots) when I was but a wee lad. When they first appeared on the DG scene with the VP, it was hard for me to take them seriously, but my, how times have changed. :)

Just think about if other disc manufacturers got into the shoe sole business.
Sure, Champ, Z, and Opto would be durable and long lasting... but I hate to think about playing on a wet course wearing shoes equipped with that. Baseline would obviously break-in faster. You could use Gumputt material for the ultimate in flexibility and comfort, and who knows what companies like Quest would come up with... :rolleyes:
And what happens when your soles start to get flippy? Does your gate start turning R/L, and can you walk with a bit of hyzer to compensate?

Kudos to Vibram for successfully expanding their product line into DG!! I love my Ibex. :clap:
Who's next, Under Armour? ;)

Last edited:
Don't know where you are, but i have 2+ Feet of snow on the ground. Lontra would not help :D. Although I'm sure I'll be buying a pair for cooler, wetter spring and fall play.

I'm in Kentucky. Other than our snow and the polar vortex a couple of weeks ago, there has just been a consistent level of some snow for awhile now. All melted at the moment. People reviewing LOntras have stood in a pool of water for 5 minutes straight w/no water getting in. W/the inner lining involved and such, they would probably be fine for warmth and keeping your feet dry. Not sure how the Trek sole would do w/walking thru 2' of snow, but the general idea of the Lontra was a cold/wet weather outdoor shoe.