• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf - Tour the Plant

StevenDodge

Vibram Company Rep
I posted a virtual tour of the plant. Watch as a golf disc goes from a bunch of rubber and "to-adds" to a living, breathing golf disc. Okay, it's not living and breathing, but it is durable and grippy.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhw4

Enjoy. And let me know what you think. As far as I know, Vibram Golf Discs are the only compression molded golf discs on the market.

Hi, Steve -

This link takes me to my own youtube video account page. Maybe you could insert an alternate link. Looking forward to this one.

Joe

the link isnt working for me...Dave McCormack (Gateway Disc Sports) did the same thing on his facebook account last night. I think it is pretty neat to watch this stuff happening. I grew up around power plants and steel comapnies so is is neat to see new processes and in some cases how simple they are. Look forward to watching it though

if you search for vibram and search options > uploads from this week
i found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgYSzYaFZvA

thanks for the videos, its fun to see how these are made.
and gives me an idea all i need are some plastic beads and i can mold my own discs! mwahahahahaha

Very good. I keep hoping 'How it's made' would put Golf Discs in an episode, showing design process to molding, to testing :)

Might need two episodes. The rubber material & compression molding that Vibram employs is vastly different from the plastic material & injection molding that the other manufacturers use.

i'd like to know about the testing/design process.

do you throw it in a wind tunnel?
do you have a machine to throw it for flight testing?

Lots of 'em. Three named zenbot, biscoe, and Vegan Ray.;)
Here's me.

Dancing-Remote-Control-RC-Toy-Robot.jpg

Latest posts