• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Equivalent to Discraft Heat

Jobent

Greetings all,

Newbie to posting so sorry if this thread is in the wrong place. Anyways, I'm in the process of building an all vibram bag as a side project. I have most all my shots/discs in my current bag covered with exception of a 1st Run Z Heat.

The question I have is does vibram make anything that has as nuetral a flight path and as much easy glide as the Heat? I use is more as a fairway driver anyway so I've looked at the valley and the trak as contenders but both seem like they might have too much turn in them. Anyone with experience or suggestions? The Heat is easily the most effortless 300ft in my game so finding an equivalent is pretty big. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Vamp... easy distance and comfortable hand feel.

Although, I would say max weight for this disc. When you start getting 170 and below they really want to turn over. Even at max weight you're probably not gonna want to release flat, unless you're in a tailwind.

I carry a 169 firm and a 174 firm and just those 5 grams make a noticeable difference in stability. The 174 is also newer, and I'm sure that affects it as well, but the 169 is not that old either.

Thanks for the suggestions. I worry about how well the vamp will beat in if it can be flippy out of the box. I'll try that and the valley out, hopefully there's enough difference in the two to make the tandem useful. I was thinking a light ibex might also work. Not the glide I was really looking for but perhaps it can work the same "point and shoot 250-275ft" in time. Thanks again for the help!

Arch over vamp...it might start a tick more stable than the heat, but vibrams lose a decent amount of stability during the initial break-in. Should end up right where you want it.

Vamp or valley

The valley seems pretty good to me, nice hyzer flip disc that you can manipulate on lots of lines. In a vibram challenge last year I picked the valley and was throwing hyzer flip ropes and big turnovers out in the 350-375 range with confidence

I've started throwing an Elite-X Heat and really like it. It's a bit understable so not good for a headwind, but I'm loving it for 3 of my main shots: hyzer-flip to flat with fade, anhyzer, and hyzers with some flip up for extra glide. It's one of the more workable discs I've thrown in a while.

After throwing it I'd definitely say it has more slow speed fade than my max-weight Vamp. It's pretty much instantly become my main driver out-of-the-box. I put my heavy new Vamp back on the shelf and I'm using my beat-in Vamp as a turn-over disc, which compliments the Heat. Pretty good combo for my arm-speed.

Latest posts