• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Made many considerations when building this "mold minimal opaque Innova driver lineup". Want your Innova nerd thoughts.

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
MOSTLY Innova, I should say. I'm open to other brands that fit a need, especially as a utility disc. I just have more Innova discs than any other brand which allows me to go mold minimal easily.

As a person with way too many discs who switches discs in and out far too often, I'm desperate for some consistency, so that's what I'm trying to achieve here. I need validation and/or criticism.

My game:
- MA1
- Max D (with Pro Shrykes/GStar Corvettes): 450-500 BH
- Where I play mostly: 4500-6500 feet elevation, fairly open desert courses (Reno) and up in the technical pines (Tahoe/Truckee), wind everywhere!
- BH dominant but FH is catching up real quick

My hopes and desires:
- I would prefer single molds at each speed/rim width, with OS to US choices based on PLH height, wear, and plastic. If I'm going to use another mold at a certain speed, it has to have the same rim width. Not all speed 7 discs have a 1.7cm rim, for example.
- I mostly want weight consistency at each disc speed. Even better if it matches closely the weights of discs at another speed (you'll see what I mean with Starfires and Eagles)
- Despite the above, I want one lightweight OS driver at speeds 7-8 and 9-10 for shot shaping/tailwinds
- I want molds that are equally awesome BH and FH. Don't want a ton of domey discs, but I do want some for pushing that BH D when needed
- MOSTLY no translucent plastic in this bag. Lookin for consistency in feel also. Star, GStar, Pro, DX or similar preferable.
- I'm more open to throwing lighter weights as I go up in speed and/or stability where applicable

So here's what I came up with. Each mold is listed from High to Low PLH, as shown in the attached pic. This can more or less be seen as OS to US, however weight and plastic matters too...

Speed 7: EAGLES: Beefy newish 175g flat Star Eagle, newish 164g flat Star Eagle, seasoned 175g flat 2021 Swirly Star Beagle. seasoned 173g GStar Eagle w/ a little dome, seasoned 175g flat DX Eagle (hyzerflips and turnovers)

Speed 9: BEEFY 172g Legacy Glow Enemy (beefier than my champ FBs, this is the one "translucent" driver in this bag. Pure utility, I think it fits for when an OS Eagle or Starfire won't do the trick. Was very hard to take a Firebird out but I did it)

Speed 10 STARFIRES: Beefy 172g flat PFN Star Starfire, 164g flat PFN Star Starfire, 171g semi-domey Star Starfire, 174g semi-domey Pro Starfire-L (the flat wing), 174g neutral flatness G-Blend Aztec (same mold as the Starfire-L, this has a noticeably lower PLH than the 174g Pro Starfire-L and is for hyzerflips and turnovers like the DX Eagle at speed 7)

Speed 11: Flat 173g Star Max

Speed 12: Beefy 171g flat Legacy Legend Outlaw (I will allow for Outlaws to be considered Destroyers and I have many of both), 171g domey Pro Destroyer, well seasoned 171g domey GStar Destroyer (The Blue Bomber)

Speed 14: 169g GStar Corvette (if you know, you know)

Thoughts on my bag build here? Any suggestions? It was really hard to skip Leopards, Teebirds, Thunderbirds, Firebirds, Orcs, and Wraiths, but I think there's a method to this madness. The five Eagles and five Starfires are clearly the core of this bag and I THINK I can cover all fairway/control driver shots OS to US both BH and FH with these two molds + the one hyper beefy Enemy.

Attachments

• IMG_20230729_135143.jpg
    IMG_20230729_135143.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest posts