• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram is back?

Always wanted to try an Unlace - maybe I'll get to.

Good luck. It's a very squirrelly and unpredictable understable distance driver. I like some of their molds, but it always seemed like they beat in quicker than other discs and became too understable.

Good luck. It's a very squirrelly and unpredictable understable distance driver. I like some of their molds, but it always seemed like they beat in quicker than other discs and became too understable.

I have a tendency to want to like a mold more than I actually like it.

My Vibram collection is:
Arch 170g M
Valley 172g F
Summit 174g F
Sole 171g M

The Fairway Drivers are as new and the putters are very close to that. They just didn't trip my trigger so I decided to keep them in very good condition. They are pretty.

I ran several Birdie Bashes and bagged Vibram nearly since day one. I'm glad they are coming back and I hope they dont alter the molds. My favorites were the Ascent, Ridge, VP, and Lace. In fact, one of my current go bags is Solace-Olace-Lace-Ascent-Obex-Ridge.

Side note: it's weird to me to hear people say Vibram was gone before they ever got into disc golf haha. Makes me feel ancient

Vibram gave you the answer on how to throw Unlace on the bottom of the disc: 44.

That was the recommended speed for throwing it at ideal velocity. Only the putters in their lineup had lower numbers.

UnLace is a wide rimmed finesse disc, unusual. Muscling it is throwing it wrong.

I've had some amazing flights just laying it out there and letting glide. I throw it the same as I would a Lat 64 River.

What I remember from when they shutdown production is that all the molds were just boxed and shelved. So all the new discs are the exact same molds as before.

I hope that's true! My next ponderance would be what molds they would bring back....I suppose it all depends on what the testers say, market research, etc etc. I can't imagine I'd try for an all-Vibram bag or anything, but they didn't have any molds aside from the unLace that I didn't care for.

I watched a little video of a tournament from three or four years ago and Bob Graham was wearing a Vibram polo. Good times.

I have a VP and a Ridge that I bagged for a few years and they could be sold as 'field tested'. They are nearly indestructible.

Vibram gave you the answer on how to throw Unlace on the bottom of the disc: 44.

That was the recommended speed for throwing it at ideal velocity. Only the putters in their lineup had lower numbers.
That's a feature I wish every other manufacturer copied. Then I would know which discs I can't throw 😒

One thing I haven't heard about is if they will have some way to distinguish between OG and New Vibram. Maybe some subtle tweak to the tooling of the mold with '2021+' on it or something. Could be important to fans of the old runs.

I really enjoyed throwing a seasoned Lace...those things glide.

I liked the Unlace, too, but they're definitely touchier. What MonkeyPaws said a few posts ago was spot on: don't try to muscle an Unlace ...you won't be happy with the results.

But with a nice smooth release, those things sail. :)

Last edited:
I watched a little video of a tournament from three or four years ago and Bob Graham was wearing a Vibram polo. Good times.

I have a VP and a Ridge that I bagged for a few years and they could be sold as 'field tested'. They are nearly indestructible.
I have a friend that threw Summits and freaked out when Vibram stopped making discs; he had three and paid stupid money for five more. I laughed at him and said he was never actually going to need the third one he already had, much less the five he just bought. Now however many years later? Yeah, he still has the original two that were always in his bag in the bag. Those discs last.

I really enjoyed throwing a seasoned Lace...those things glide.

I liked the Unlace, too, but they're definitely touchier. What MonkeyPaws said a few posts ago was spot on: don't try to muscle an Unlace ...you won't be happy with the results.

But with a nice smooth release, those things sail. :)
The unLace would be my signature disc. "Gotta weenie arm? Throw an unLace!"

The Lace and unLace pair very well; the Lace gives you that skosh more stability you wish the unLace had some days.

Sooo… is Vibram really back, or no?

Could be. I think that, with a company that big and having pulled out of the disc golf game once before, they will be doing extensive market research before investing again. But that's just me thinking out loud as I have ZERO insider information. And so, it seems, neither does anyone else.

How long until a sell out??

3TqzD8V

Attachments

• vibram.jpg
    vibram.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 76