• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Open 2012!

Nor should it. It played out exactly how it was supposed to but things were close enough to make it confusing.

I don't think anyone is starting a Florida-sized recount petition or anything (hurray for topical humor!). Just speculative discussion and clarification.

And I guess the "what if" guys at the PDGA didn't take ties into account. Shame on them.

Yes, for shame that the tournament director of the Vibram Open, Steve Dodge, who wrote the article on the PDGA website, didn't take ties into account. After the fifth annual event in 2012, let's never allow him to run a $50,000+ National Tour event ever again. Let's take away the 2009 Tournament Director of the Year award which the PDGA gave him. Let's never allow the company he works for, VibramDiscGolf, to contribute sponsorship to the PDGA National Tour Series ever again.

Good lord. :rolleyes:

Yes, for shame that the tournament director of the Vibram Open, Steve Dodge, who wrote the article on the PDGA website, didn't take ties into account. After the fifth annual event in 2012, let's never allow him to run a $50,000+ National Tour event ever again. Let's take away the 2009 Tournament Director of the Year award which the PDGA gave him. Let's never allow the company he works for, VibramDiscGolf, to contribute sponsorship to the PDGA National Tour Series ever again.

You said it, not me.

Just to clarify, I'm not being serious. I'm a sarcastic guy. Some others here may be genuinely getting bent out of shape about the whole thing. And I'm sure everyone involved in the VO were confused and felt awful about how it all panned out.

But not I. I'm just messing around out of boredom in my cubicle. Don't take anything I say seriously.

In all honesty, this year's coverage is what convinced me to make a weekend trip to central Mass. so I can play Maple Hill and Pyramids.

woah there tiger, easy, it's just a discussion. I don't think the prior comment was directed at Mr. Dodge. I think it's reasonable that some shame (maybe not the kindest word) could be taken into account by PDGA (or whomever) for the snafu that occurred. But we're human, we make mistakes, it happens. In the end it all worked out, but question is could it have been avoided? Hopefully all parties involved have gained an understanding of how something like this happened and have taken measures to insure it's not repeated. At the least it can provide as a learning lesson to people that have the desire to eventually run an event and understand certain situations could arise and how best to handle it. In the end we all desire to be represented professionally and looked upon as such.

And I am on board with throwfromthewoods, sitting in my cubicle staring at spreadsheets. It's a great way to pass the time and I always enjoy a lively debate without mudslinging.

Latest posts