• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Open

brando-jor-el.jpg
??

Really not allot of fanfare for this years tournament was there? Congrats Nate Doss and Sarah Hokum.

Sarah Hokum has really came on late? Second straight NT win!

I was watching it any time it was on and I wasnt working. I look forward to checking out what happens at this event every year and its definitely on my DG bucket list.

I was watching it any time it was on and I wasnt working. I look forward to checking out what happens at this event every year and its definitely on my DG bucket list.

Amen. Looks like allot of fun and amazing venue!

There was about 600+ watching it online all wknd. Most of Sundays coverage was steady(other than the 4-5 hole battery issue) and not choppy like Friday & Saturday...

Way to go VIBRAM!

i wish i could have watched it online. i'm pretty excited that we now have that option occasionally. but i was camping and missed out.

i hope that there are more tournaments showing live online next year!

Really not allot of fanfare for this years tournament was there? Congrats Nate Doss and Sarah Hokum.

Sarah Hokum has really came on late? Second straight NT win!

She's pretty darn good.

She had a 369' skip ace at my tournament.

If anyone was there, does anybody know why Cale Leviska dropped out? He was slated to be on the last card opening day with Nikko and they were going to be covering their whole round. But when I turned it on he wasn't playing.

and mj stayed local and hurt people at the hickory classic.

I was there sat night till monday. WOW. Sick shots and great people. Nothing better than the VO will never miss this again. And then to play the golds after them all day monday was a treat. Some of these holes get your heart pumping right on the tee. The story of the weekend besides the winners was Brinster coming out of the hospital sunday to play and end up tying for 3rd. I watched most of his rd and it was incredible. No show by you know who at the awards was week especially to go play a cash round.

I don't know how many of you got to meet P.J. Harmer this weekend...he's an award winning writer who has written professionally for almost 20 years and did our press releases this year. He's covered minor league baseball, and both college & high school wrestling, ice hockey, soccer, baseball, lacrosse, and football. He's also a disc golfer, and wrote a really nice piece about disc golf on his blog. Check it out: http://hoohaablog.com/?p=2181

I was there sat night till monday. WOW. Sick shots and great people. Nothing better than the VO will never miss this again. And then to play the golds after them all day monday was a treat. Some of these holes get your heart pumping right on the tee. The story of the weekend besides the winners was Brinster coming out of the hospital sunday to play and end up tying for 3rd. I watched most of his rd and it was incredible. No show by you know who at the awards was week especially to go play a cash round.

I tee'd off two groups behind Steve on Friday and no joke he looked like death. Like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia bad. I am super impressed at his third place finish.

Maple Hill golds jumped immediately into my top 3 courses. The course is epic. Every hole is visually pleasing and the ponds are sweet. Every single hole on the course is unique. They are all very fair and at the same time exceptionally dangerous. The only hole I didn't like was 16 and that is just because I do not have the cojones to try and carry the pond (I got to watch someone tin cup it and make a 10 after leaving 3 in the water). 18's green is the perfect way to finish. Even the clubhouse and barn are awesome.

The Vibram Open was the best tournament I have ever played in (I have played in worlds, NT's, am nats, BG Ams, etc..). Everyone had a great time.

I noticed that Derek Billings won $3K 1st place at the End of the Trail Classic in Visalia, CA...the same weekend Nate Doss won $3K 1st place at the Vibram Open. Maybe these guys are wasting their time traveling all the way over to Mosqitoville, Mass, when they could be shooting for similar payouts just a couple hours from home?

End of Trails may have been a lefty course? :)

Derek was killing it at Worlds. He shot a -18 the first day at CSUMB, that is going to be a course record for a long time. Unfortunately, his last rounds didn't go so well.

But for guys like Nate Doss, especially playing so hot right now, there isn't a single course that he won't be a favorite to win...he's got a wonderful forehand toss for the lefty holes.

I noticed that Derek Billings won $3K 1st place at the End of the Trail Classic in Visalia, CA...the same weekend Nate Doss won $3K 1st place at the Vibram Open. Maybe these guys are wasting their time traveling all the way over to Mosqitoville, Mass, when they could be shooting for similar payouts just a couple hours from home?

What about the prestige of winning the V.O.? I think it's more than fair to say the Vibram Open is more recognizable than the End of the Trail Classic, no? Your point is a valid one though, I think the payout is kinda skewed. $3000 for 1st and $2200 for 2nd? Come on...

You have to come up for the Vibram though to understand Jhern, it's a Dgolf party. Heck, I'll even show you around town if you do. :hfive:

Doss (and other West Coasters) needed to play Vibram for the NT points, plus he was in Pittsburgh the weekend before...

Latest posts