• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wanting to build consistency for my years of Disc golf ahead of me

Fronkjd

Hi, I'm hoping to only make one post here for a long time.
I understand there is already a plateau's and issues post already, but I'm asking for more specifics of what I should focus on for my backhand drive because there are many working parts.

About me: Playing for a year, one tournament, one ace (KC PRO ROC 230'), I have an athletic background in Ninja Warrior, so I understand the value of breaking form and techniques down into chunks (progressions) instead of trying to do it all in one go.

Backhand:
Putters 240' at best
Mids 260' at best
Fairways (7-9 speeds) 300' at best

Forehand is 260' at best.

My upshots are great, my putts always need work.
I use a slow x-step at the moment which is accurate and helps keep shots consistent and that's it's only function right now, not aiding in a lot of distance. I've recently started doing field work, stand stills, beato drill, learning to engage hips.

What is the #1 thing I should be focusing on right now to improve distance?
or
Which aspect of the backhand should I start tackling more intently to develop better long term habits that will automatically make me better?

1st video: stand still
http://streamable.com/fo0us4

2nd video: slow x-step
https://streamable.com/l5gyl9

Thanks

See Door Frame Drills. Hips/front foot striding targetward from rear leg drive should pull your shoulder much further back holding on door frame. Should be loaded back like a bow and arrow just as you are about plant front heel and then let go of door frame and everything should unwind on front leg.

In your SS - your weight is shifting back all the way to the top of your backswing. Your weight needs to start going targetward well before the top of the backswing.

x-step - your shoulder barely goes back at all, and same or similar issue as the SS with your weight leaning away to the top of your backswing instead of pulling away.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119328

See Door Frame Drills. Hips/front foot striding targetward from rear leg drive should pull your shoulder much further back holding on door frame. Should be loaded back like a bow and arrow just as you are about plant front heel and then let go of door frame and everything should unwind on front leg.

In your SS - your weight is shifting back all the way to the top of your backswing. Your weight needs to start going targetward well before the top of the backswing.

x-step - your shoulder barely goes back at all, and same or similar issue as the SS with your weight leaning away to the top of your backswing instead of pulling away.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119328

Thank you for checking my form out I will begin to tackle getting the weight target ward sooner. What you linked and in your section has a lot of content so I must ask a question:

Since you suggested starting to work on the Door Frame Drills, would you agree that SOLELY focusing on the lower body and weight positioning should be my priority at the moment and then add in the shoulder rotation / power pocket timing?

or

Is it combining each one at the same time (MACRO) and then from there individually (MICRO) working from the ground up focusing on all elements of the throw?

Not sure I understand the question. Door Frame Drill works on shoulder or torso rotation and weightshift and sequence.

Not sure I understand the question. Door Frame Drill works on shoulder or torso rotation and weightshift and sequence.

Sorry, I'm not always concise.

Is that doorframe drill the most important thing I should focus on right now?

With all the moving parts of the backhand it's hard to tell where to start with the good habits, but I would think from the ground up, correct?