• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warp Disc

strain

Bronze level trusted reviewer
Do you think if you leave your disc golf bag in your trunk in the hot Texas weather, it will warp your discs?:

Do you think if you leave your disc golf bag in your trunk in the hot Texas weather, it will warp your discs?:

I don't think it gets hot enough. I think you are fine. I keep extra discs in the car during tournaments and I have no problems. If you are worried, stick them in the cooler with the drinks.

No....there are lots of sellers that leave their discs in teh car and they turn out fine. As long as you dont have a disc like FLx plastic with something sitting on top of it to bend it out of shape along with the hot weather.

No....there are lots of sellers that leave their discs in teh car and they turn out fine. As long as you dont have a disc like FLx plastic with something sitting on top of it to bend it out of shape along with the hot weather.

Has anyone had issues with FLX plastic warping?

According to Discraft the ESP FLX plastic is supposed to be the least susceptible plastic to change shape and flight characteristics due to heat.

the only time I had disc warping was when I was storing too many discs in a Plano Tackle bag (It worked great until I over filled it). I had a few discs warp with the heat and weight working against them.

Has anyone had issues with FLX plastic warping?

According to Discraft the ESP FLX plastic is supposed to be the least susceptible plastic to change shape and flight characteristics due to heat.

Nope. I haven't had mine all that long, but I've hit a LOT of trees and there's hardly a scuff.

the only time I had disc warping was when I was storing too many discs in a Plano Tackle bag (It worked great until I over filled it). I had a few discs warp with the heat and weight working against them.

HAppened to me the other day!!! Always leave my discs in the truck!! I laid some stuff on top of them!! Pulled out the bag to play!! My putter(Aviarp&a) was warped!!!! Sucked!!!!! Then I proceeded to play my worst round ever!!!! Because of my putting!!!!

Long answer short is yes. It's plastic. Leaving them in a hot car with any sort of pressure on them will warp them.

Not to sound like a douche... but this is about the 3rd thread I have seen posing this question. Kinda seems pretty simple solution. Just keep them on top of everything and when you can only fit 15 discs in your bag. That 16th although you can wedge it in probably shouldn't go in the bag.

I think it would take a lot to warp a disc in that manner.

That being said, I had a guy give me an Avenger SS that had obviously been well used and I think stored in a stack of discs for a while as it is much flatter than the other Avenger SS that I have in my bag. The flatter one is a bit more overstable as well but will still flip with a good snap so it works well in slightly windy conditions.

I have 2 FLX Challengers and my discs stay in my vehicle. It can reach 100 degrees here with humidity in the 90's. They are well used and still in great condition.

The only precaution I take is to have them in my bag sitting on their sides, not stacked. I also stack nothing on the bag.

yeah I once had an orc that I left in back seat warp on me during the summer after letting the car sit a few days and my backpack full of books on top of the disc. Since then I have never had a problem. Just don't apply and pressure to them while thier in the trunk and you will be fine.

As long as they're on edge and not overly stuffed into their container they will be fine. My brother put about 20 discs in a five gallon bucket in his house (room temperature) and they all warped pretty bad beacuse they were not on edge.