• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warped Atlas Help!

Salki12

Hello everyone, I did some searching for an answer but figured I should try to ask anew.

My inlaws bought me a first run Atlas a while back and it had been sitting in my car for a while. Somehow I had let one of my rear seats down and didn't realize that the seat was crushing the disc. Yesterday I lifted up my seat to find my first run Atlas had been warped in the flight plate with a pretty significant dip. The rim itself looks to be level and unchanged. Anyone have any ideas as to how I could take out the warp in the flight plate of the disc and get it back to new again! I had barely used the disc and don't want it to be useless.

Thanks for the help! I've found a lot of useful stuff on these forums before!

Hate to say it but your disc will never be the same.

The good news is that that isn't necessarily a bad thing, its just not going to fly like a normal Atlas.

uh, with some hot water ran over the disc for a good 5-10 under the faucet, and i mean HOT water, it Could very well spring back into its normal intended shape.

Not sure what the poster above me is talking about, I've done it to multiple discs with great results.

All I said was I have never had it turn back into the exact disc it was before the warpage.

Youre screwed. But id try the hot water and letting it sit in sun, just make sure to have a nice clean flat surface and maybe something in the middle that can be placed to add pressure. Let us know how it turns out.

I had a star tern I bought come like that with a dip in the flight plate. I tried the sun with a little weight on it and hot water with weight on it also, neither worked for it. I ended up just throwing it and it threw great even with the dip in the flight plate. Test it out and see how it flies, you may end up liking it.

Every disc I've encountered with a warped flight plate from sitting in a hot car I was able to get back to normal with boiling water. Only exception is if the plastic actually melted from the heat (I've had that happen to some cheap Quest ultralight discs years ago).

I had a star tern I bought come like that with a dip in the flight plate. I tried the sun with a little weight on it and hot water with weight on it also, neither worked for it. I ended up just throwing it and it threw great even with the dip in the flight plate. Test it out and see how it flies, you may end up liking it.

yeah warping and concave top are different beasts. concavity or a depression anywhere in the flight plate is hard to fix becuase the plastic has stretched a fair ammount. Not so much with warping, which makes it easier to fix.

Latest posts