• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Warped discs in the mail

27wizard

I recently put in an order at infinite, and they arrived today in a padded envelope. I got them right from the mailman so it wasn't crammed in my mailbox. I got a Streamline Pilot, a star destroyer, and a Big Jerm Thunderbird. The Pilot's dome is inverted, more so on one side than the other. The destroyer and thunderbird are both slightly warped. When I line the discs up to my eye to see if it's flat, they're both about an eight of an inch off from being flat. I could probably just flatten out the drivers, but the Pilot is just too warped to use. I'm frustrated, since they shipped priority, it wouldn't have cost much more to just ship them in a box instead of an envelope. I spent about $50 so I would have liked to gotten my discs in better shape.

So I was looking on some opinions on what I should do. Should I contact Infinite? and if so should I tell them about all the discs being warped or just the pilot?
Thanks for your input

Have you tried to work the pilot back into shape? Usually the electron plastic will rebound some as long as it wasn't a nasty tree hit that folded it. Kind of too bad in isn't a even puddle top, that would be an interesting disc...

The other two should be fine if you lay them on a flat surface in the sun for a few hours.

I've had one or two issues with infinite, they were always quick to rectify it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Definitely call Infinite. They'll be the ones that need to file a claim with the shipping company. It'll be up to them and Infinite to decide whether the discs were packaged properly (who's on the hook for replacement).

Have you tried to work the pilot back into shape? Usually the electron plastic will rebound some as long as it wasn't a nasty tree hit that folded it. Kind of too bad in isn't a even puddle top, that would be an interesting disc...

The other two should be fine if you lay them on a flat surface in the sun for a few hours.

I'd hesitate to do that. Trying to fix them may give both infinite and the shipping company a reason to put all the deformity on you (the receiver). You could ask Infinite, though. They might give you the go-ahead.

Last edited:
How to fix a warped disc :

- boil water in a pot big enough to fit a disc
- turn off heat and place disc in the pot, let sit for 15 minutes
- gather 4 cans of the same height, space them apart and place disc upside down so that the disc is supported by the rim and not the flight plate. As the disc drys it will straighten up, gravity will reform the flight plate.
- carry on

How to fix a warped disc :

- boil water in a pot big enough to fit a disc
- turn off heat and place disc in the pot, let sit for 15 minutes
- gather 4 cans of the same height, space them apart and place disc upside down so that the disc is supported by the rim and not the flight plate. As the disc drys it will straighten up, gravity will reform the flight plate.
- carry on

Truth. I've unwarped a few discs using this technique.

I ship and recieve discs in the mail pretty frequently and i have yet to see or hear about discs being damaged or bent upon delivery. imo its uncommon. I would just bring it up to them. Generally disc companies are good about fixing these mishaps. :thmbup:

I think its funny you reached out to dgcr, instead of who you bought the discs from.

I ship and recieve discs in the mail pretty frequently and i have yet to see or hear about discs being damaged or bent upon delivery. imo its uncommon. I would just bring it up to them. Generally disc companies are good about fixing these mishaps. :thmbup:

It's not the disc company so much as the mail man not paying attention. I've had discs that clearly have "DO NOT BEND" written on the package, bent and shoved into my mailbox. Usually they're good about just leaving them on my doorstep. The Gila I got the other day was luckily just left sitting on top of my mailbox. (I can't get a bigger mailbox because of HOA rules or I'd just get one that a disc fits in)

tl;dr it's not that uncommon if you have a bad mail man.

It's amazing how many people don't do this and go for some over complicated water boiling thing. Dashboard of the car, in the sun, works every time.

There's nothing complicated about boiling water, but to each their own

It's not the disc company so much as the mail man not paying attention. I've had discs that clearly have "DO NOT BEND" written on the package, bent and shoved into my mailbox. Usually they're good about just leaving them on my doorstep. The Gila I got the other day was luckily just left sitting on top of my mailbox. (I can't get a bigger mailbox because of HOA rules or I'd just get one that a disc fits in)

tl;dr it's not that uncommon if you have a bad mail man.

I have a mail person.