• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] what disc and when

abelrod

just out of curiosity i was wondering what discs people throw and when they throw them

My favorite is my star or champion wraith which unfortunately are both in a canal in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. I usually throw them when I am playing Disc Golf which is how they came to be in the aforementioned canal.

200 ft and in: Medium or Firm S Gateway Wizard. If I need a hyzer I'll throw my newest one, if I need an anhyzer I'll throw the most beat-to-hell one I've got.

300 ft and in: DX Innova Roc. New one for hyzer, beat in one for long straight shots, beat-to-hell one for turnovers.

Over 300 ft and wide open: Champ or DX Innova Valkyrie. The DX is longer, but the Champ gives that kooky skip!

Over 300 ft and tight: X Discraft Cyclone. I get better overall distance from a Valk, but the Cyclone is a lot more accurate.

Turnover roller: Beat-to-hell Cyclone.

Overstable driver, forehand disc, forehand roller, thumber, grenade, and pretty much all trick shots: DX Innova Banshee.

In the Winter when it gets really windy, I'll add a Millennium Q Sentinel to the Rocs for a more overstable mid-range and I replace the Cyclones with DX Innova Gazelles. That give me some discs that are just a little beefier in the wind.

That's about as complicated as I let it get these days.

over 350' i use either a nice big s curve with my star destroyer. or a champion or star wraith. depending on the shot.

200'-100' in i use a medium beat dx Roc

then from 60 ft in i use a pro challenger

0'-250' - Med. Wizard
255'-320' - DX Roc
300'-360' and Straight - DX Teebird
300'-360' working a line - DX Gazelle
330'+ hyzer/distance headwind - Z Avenger
<330' hyzer/strong headwind/spike hyzer/headwind hyzer - E/S Spirit
360'+ - X Avenger

Latest posts