• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you throw for max distance?

Man, I wish I could throw like you guys who've been playing 2 years and push a Speed 13 driver 500-600 feet.

If I'm playing for stakes, most likely a DX/11x Teebird or seasoned Champ Leopard, depending on the shot/wind. If its a ridulously wide open shot with no wind, I'll take my 6-7/10 165g Star Beast and hyzer flip it like there's no tomorrow.

my new archon has been my go to for distance. before that i mainly used wraiths and sidewinder and a boss or destroyer in the wind.

167g Pro Katana or 165g Elite-X Nuke - both need to be seasoned, but not too much or they'll flip. Every once in a while I'll sky hyzer my 1/4 K II - that's fun to watch.

Wide open I throw a Valk for max D.
If I have only a little room to work, it would be a GL Flow or Opto Flow.
If I need it to be as straight as possible, but still go as far as possible, I throw a Viking.

In no particular order...

X Nuke
FR ESP Nuke
FR Pro Katana
P-Line DD2 Frenzy
Z Avenger SS
Champ Sidewinder
Pro Wraith
D Destroyer
ESP Force
Champ Teebird

beat DX Teebird. why would you think I have a noodle????

This.

Slight Hyzer release that flips up flattish to slight flipped over and goes about 280-300 feet mostly in the right direction. I have had the freakishly occasional much longer flight that overshoots the hole and makes the people on the far side of the course mad when it almost hits them and they think I didn't yell "FOAR!" because my voice doesn't carry that far. I can't seem to duplicate it in field practice.

i have 2 Max Distance Drivers

171 GL Havoc for Hyzer-Flip or Turnover Drives
175 TP Sword Flat S-Curves or Straight With a Fade Finish

Man, I wish I could throw like you guys who've been playing 2 years and push a Speed 13 driver 500-600 feet.

i'm not sure why everyone on here is so hostile to players that started on DGCR relative to the same time they started DG in general. all the "oldies" on here should really take testament to the fact that your system is working in the "noobs" and the practices you preach are easy to implement and show big gains in the "noobs" that get dedicated to the sport early and found advice on here before they ****ed themselves up..

Pro destroyers. Take the flashing off the bottom of them and watch them flip and go for days

Pro Destroyer 175 for tighter lines on a hyzer-flip and occasional distance turnovers 375 and up.

Pro Katana 168 for long open distance shots on hyzer-flips and distance turnovers over 400'.

The destroyer is more predictable but the katana just gets me the distance when i need it. period.

Not that I can really throw it any further, but I reach for my well worn Star Katan 175g when I want to get a little more umph... I can't throw very far as it is.

I can also get a pretty good distance from my striker when I throw it OAT and into the wind.... THAT SUCKER FLIES! LOL

And If I need a big fade right to get around a tree or something (RHBH), I will throw my star boss for that distance... again, not a very great distance.

For max distance in open field, 164g R-Pro Boss. For dead straight accuracy and distance, 167g DX Teebird.